Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inner Layout Help

Hi,

I am having trouble with my inner layout. For all my brochure pages I use the same layout except for the FAQ page which I want to change the way the divs etc are laid out.

I goto my FAQ page and under Layout, I choose the Brochure Page Layout as New and then copy my original design and rename it to "FAQ_Main". I then selected the Fragment Layout and renamed that to "FAQ_Fragment".

I thought that this would mean that when I go into design for the FAQ page that any changes I make to the InnerLayout and sub pages would only affect this page, however, it still seems I am editing the original layout.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Paul.

By the sounds of it, you have created a new 'Overall Page Layout' called 'FAQ_Main', and a new fragment layout called 'FAQ_Fragment' but you are still using the same 'inner layout' (or 'bulk area layout') which for brochure pages is called 'Standard Brochure Page Bulk'.

By default, you cannot choose what type of inner layout to use for your brochure pages as you only have one choice. To add another choice:
    • Go to 'Design | Library | Layouts'
    • Open the 'Web Page Inner Layout' group and locate 'Standard Brochure Page Bulk'.
    • Right-click on this layout and select 'New Layout'. Call it 'FAQ_Body' and click 'OK'.
    Your new layout will be available within the 'Page Settings' tab of your brochure pages. To change this you can edit the 'Place of Setting' of the 'BrochureInnerLayout' layout selector.

Comment

Thank you - all ok now.

Paul.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry, another question. I had assumed that when I created a new layout it would create copies of all the variables etc that go with it. I found that it doesnt and managed to copy and rename the Fragment Layout and make it select it when in the FAQ page, however, I can't seem to get the final variable right (i.e. the Fragment Layout Using CSS).

I have copied and renamed it but how do I set it as the default for the FAQ page?

Thanks,
        Paul.

Comment

Hi Paul

I don't really understand the question I'm afraid.

Are you trying to create a new Fragment layout and set it as the default layout for the 'FAQ' page? You'll see that both Brochure Pages and Fragments have a 'Layout' tab with a 'Fragment Layout' field within it.
          I have copied and renamed it but how do I set it as the default for the FAQ page?
          Set the layout you want to use in the 'Fragment Layout' field of the 'FAQ' page, and make sure all the fragments within that page have their 'Fragment Layout' fields set to 'Use Parent' (it should do this automatically).

Comment

Working...
          X