Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inner layout - moves upon load

Hi Guys

Working on a custom theme for a client that is based on a variable res (100%)

All is well and defines nice and clear in resolutions up from 800X600 to the wide screen resolution of 1680 x 1050.

Control is by an external css so all bar the essential actinic variables have been stripped out of the code and all the overweight css

Here's the query. When viewing the screen in the w/s resolution the constant content (non-act var) remains static via the css BUT the inner layout all shifts into the centre of the screen after load?

Searched high and low in the settings to see whats what but canny find it?

In the library, the ACTSWIDTH for sections, products and layout has been changed to TEXT and defaulted to 100%.

Sorry no url it is on local development at the mo. Is that a clear explanation? Hope so, if not please feel free to ask anything.

Kind Regards
    Daren
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Hmm - the main culprit is probably going to be the 'inner layout' (bulk area) on the section pages.

To select this inner layout, simply select your outer page design in the 'Design' tab, and then double-click on the 'INNERLAYOUT' selector in the code. The layout is probably called something like 'Standard Section Page'. Look for any <div>s in there that is causing everything to be centered.

Comment

Sorted it Chris...

<divs><divs> everywhere but not a drop to drink

Think I have been working too long! It was being pulled out of shape by those meddling divs in act and they would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky error codes.

But seriously, to override the css within actinic (just dropped mine into actinic stylesheet) is not proving very time efficient. Am I missing something?

Ie rip out all actinic 'stuff' for my outer layer, write my own css, drop into actinic, add variables et al, register et voila?

So why is getting the css to work such a nightmare??

Getting to love the program with that said...
      Regards
      Daren
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Glad you are making headway with v8 now.
        But seriously, to override the css within actinic (just dropped mine into actinic stylesheet) is not proving very time efficient. Am I missing something?

Ie rip out all actinic 'stuff' for my outer layer, write my own css, drop into actinic, add variables et al, register et voila?

So why is getting the css to work such a nightmare??
        I guess all the themes were created to work with a particular set of styles, and it would even take me a while to disentangle the layouts from the default Actinic Stylesheet and use a completely custom one - and I'm the one who put the layouts together!

I guess at the end of the day you are using Actinic in a way that it wasn't really designed to, but once you have got a set of layouts that work with your own custom CSS you can always export a 'Partial Site Design' that contains your layouts, and then just import this file whenever you start a new design.

Comment

Working...
        X