Product layout question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product layout question

I did a search for the answer but did not find anything that worked, so maybe you wonderful people in here can help me out

I am trying to ammend the product layout. At present it is using Standard with image on left. This is fine, but it does look odd, when the image is only 200 pixels high, and the text is many paragraphs, extending way down the page in its table cell with a great big whilt space under the image.

Hence I would like the text to wrap around the image if there is enough text to do so. I have had a play with the Design bit in V8 and think I need to ammend the following bit of code.

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td width="25%" align="center" valign="top">
    <actinic:variable name="ProductImageLayout" />
    </td>
    <td width="75%" align="left" valign="top">
    <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>">
    <b><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></b></a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
    Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />
    </actinic:block>

<br />
    <actinic:variable name="ProductDescription" />
    <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br />
    <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkInfo"/>">
    <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkText"/>
    </a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br />
    <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" COMPONENTID=-1><Actinic:Variable Name="RetailCustomerMessage"/></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
    <b>
    <Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>">
    <actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
    </Actinic:PRICES>
    </b>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False">
    <br /><strong><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></strong>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DiscountDescriptionIsShownForProducts%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br /><actinic:variable name="DiscountList" value="Standard Discount List" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOtherInfoPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br />
    <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br />
    <input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br />
    <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt"/></span><br />
    <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />

<actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
    <actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br />
    <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span>
    &nbsp;
    <input type="text" name="Q_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptHidden%22%20%2f%3e">
    <input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference"/>" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />

<br /><actinic:variable name="CartError" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29" >
    <br /><actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><br /><Actinic:Variable Name="OutOfStock"/></span></strong>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="CatalogSuspended"/></span></strong>

<actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" />

<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Basically I want to join the 2 colum cells together and align the image to the left. I copy this table code into Dreamweaver, join the 2 cells together. this works ok, but I can seem to get the image aligned left, with the content wraping round the right??

Anyone already done this and mind sharing their insights with me??

Cheers

Grant

If you use standard layout using css it should produce the look you are after - used in www.hunterspuddings.co.uk

Comment

I did a workaround in the v6 section that may be of interest is none of the CSS layouts are suitable

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=16945

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
        If you use standard layout using css it should produce the look you are after - used in www.hunterspuddings.co.uk
        Wonderful - worked a treat

Comment

Working...
        X