Lost shopping cart connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost shopping cart connection

I have re-designed our shop with V8 and uploaded it but the message below comes up when we hit the buy button.

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gdfb.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.gdfb.co.uk Port 80

Support suggested a clear uninstall and re- install, which has beed done but no luck.
    The advanced network settings are the same as the old V6 but the message below comes up when running a test.

'You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "/cgi-bin/" or it does not exist.'

I do not understand tech speak so keep it simple, our I.T. guy is in the States until next week but I would like to resolve this asap.

Thanks in advance

Stephen
    www.gdfb.co.uk
    GDFB Recreating History

I would give the network connection wizard a try and see what happens.

Comment

Stephen,

If you have Actinic Cover, then give support a telephone call tomorrow. They will need your ftp username and password so they can connect to your server and investigate.

If you don't have support, you can still raise a free email support query - link is available on the support page of the Actinic website Support page.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

cgi bin write permission denied

Hi

Still no joy even after using the wizard.

In version 6 the test setings within the network setup work OK

I have exported the settings from v6 into v8 but it still says the cgi bin does not have write permissions or is not available

any ideas??

perhaps is it something to do with the evaluation copy I am curently using?

GDFB
        GDFB Recreating History

Comment

Whenever there's a messsage about permissions it's always worth checking that the permissions on the cgi-bin are set to 755. To do this, ftp into your server and then either right click the cgi-bin or find a menu drop down that allows you to set the file permissions.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

permissions problem

Hi Folks back again with the same problem - but stranger

V8 on my computer with a site imported from v6 still returns the message

"You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "/cgi-bin/" or it does not exist."

when I test the network settings

fair enough but when I set up the same site and network settings on a different machine everything works OK

I have uploaded the site and have been downloading orders OK
            Obviously a problem with my origional machine, but firewalls ect are all off

Any thoughts?

GDFB
            GDFB Recreating History

Comment

Did you check to see if an anti virus perhaps was blocking. Also worth check to see if the Network Test on teh original maching passes if you change the Script ID number is Web | Network Settings.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X