Product Duplicates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Duplicates

I have all my products listed by brand and then I copy them into the relevant sections of my catalog as a duplicate.

Is it possible to somehow drag the item directly into the section as a duplicate? For example, if I left click and drag the item it takes the original, however, if I could right click and drag the item, it should produce a duplicate.

Is this possible already by using some button combinations etc rather than create dupliacate and then drag that one.

Thanks,
    Paul.

p.s. whilst talking about duplicates, why is it not possible to cut a product which has a dupliacate, but you can 'delete' it? Couldnt it just pop up and ask if you are sure, and then remove both saving you from having to locate the dupe?

Paul,

If you right click on a product and click copy, you can then click on any number of sections and select 'Paste as Duplicate'.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks bruce. I will use that method. Please could you add the right click way as a wishlist?

Thanks,
      Paul.

Comment

Sure thing, will add it on teh wish list for you.

Regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry bruce - forgot this was a two parter. Any idea about the P.S.?

Paul.

Comment

p.s. whilst talking about duplicates, why is it not possible to cut a product which has a dupliacate, but you can 'delete' it? Couldnt it just pop up and ask if you are sure, and then remove both saving you from having to locate the dupe?
            I'm sure there's a frightfully long explanation about why it works like this (taking in concepts such as 'database integrity' and 'record locking'). However, if you delete a product, it marks the duplicates as deleted as well so you can always then go to 'Housekeeping | Purge' to remove all of them.

Comment

Working...
            X