X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricing troubles - associated products and simple shipping charges

Getting a problem solved always reveals ten more:

Problem NO 1:
    When I add an extra product I'd like customers to be able to order - As for this case BBs, protective gear, holsters and magazines with their BB guns or battery chargers with batteries - I use a drop down list where they can select a product in each of the categories, and a checkbox for wether they want the additional product. To accomplish this we have used components, attributes and choises, with products associated to the choises and the pricing associated to the products. Now, however, I get the error "No associated prices" in the catalog and all such products have been set to 0.00€ in the online shop. The prices have been set properly for the associated products in question. When using just one selectable additional product, however, this works just fine - For example adding an option to buy an additional magazine causes no problems, the price is set correctly, accordingly to the additional product. This has worked just fine in v6, so I don't know what's wrong...

Problem NO 2:
    We use a very simple shipping model: all orders have a shipping fee of 6,90€, with no handling fee. Again this worked just fine with v6, but now the shipping charges are excluded totally. We use Business Setting / Shipping and Handling -> checked the box for "Shipping charges made" and chose Simple, 6,90€ in the input field and non-checked "Shopper editable". We also have a message that says that the cost for the shipping of any order is 6,90€, this doesn't appear in the checkout either. We only use one shipping and charging model currently, "Cash on delivery". Any help here?

Again, site at: http://www.proairsoft.com/acatalog/test/acatalog/

Hi,

Can you try going to 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases' and select both options and click 'OK'. Actinic will close and you should get a successful message. Then re-open the software and go to the 'Help' menu and select 'Troubleshooting'. Click the 'Website Purge and Refresh' button and select both tick boxes (note that any customised perl scripts will be overwritten and will need the customisations re-applied) and then click the 'delete and refresh' button. This will fully refresh the site so if it is a large site it could take a while.

This should certainly correct the shipping problem but if you still get the problems with the choices then I suggest you raise a support query at 'http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm' or call the support line if you have a cover contract so we can get your snapshot and investigate further.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X