Calling all perl experts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all perl experts!

Is there some code I can add to the 'add to cart' button, that will add the item selected, to the shopping cart. Actinic have told me that, to add an item to the shopping cart, a customer has to be directed to the bounce page or shopping cart page, Perl script from either of these pages adds the item to the shopping cart. I would really like my customers to choose an item, click the 'add to cart' button and that's it job done.
    The problem is, I have a thumbnails page, the customer clicks on the thumbnail and gets the expanded view page, here they can choose what size product they want, 'add to cart', 'Checkout' or 'continue shopping'. If they click 'Add to cart' and get directed to a bounce page, when they then click on the 'Continue shopping' button the browser tries to take them back to the bounce page.
    Some code to the button will keep the buying process more streamlined.

Please help.

Hi

can you reduce the bounce time? so that it goes through quicker qithout the wait?

i must admit i have altered this myself

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

I have reduced the bounce page to zero, this completely drops the bounce page and instead the user is sent to the shopping cart page. I would like to bypass both of these if possible.

Comment

I think I have some code that does what you want, for the life of me I can not find who supplied it (it was via here). I have attached the updated perl file anyhow, so give it a try.

ACTINIC.zip

Its on my site if you want to test it. (www.anything-goes.co.uk).

Incidently, is the shopping cart not in a cookie? so maybe someone could right a bit of java that updates the cookie on "add" that way nothing happens at all to the page you are looking at... ?

Paul.

Comment

The shopping cart is stored in a session file on the server. The cookie just stores the session cart ID and the number of items / total details.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X