Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treated as an Idiot

Why are we being treated as idiots

I understand the reluctance to offer the full V* whilst bug testing and followed the reccomended route for testing V8.0 using one site

I have today tried using ver 8.1 beta to upload my 6 x ver 7.6 sites and used the nice upgrade all sites in one go option, which looked great and appeared to work ok, but will not let me test more than one site at a time and has locked me out of actinic, so I have to waste more time deleating V8.01 and then reinstalling it and each site one at a time but never more than one site at a time

I am not a idiot but i as I have paid for the cover, I would like to use the V8 as soon as recommended by actinic, but am unable to test the full upgrade and sort out any problems prior to this "sometime in the next few weeks" quote from Actinic

If they are releasing a beta and want it checked out it should be fully operational and of BENIFIT to the user, as I have six sites to test this is not to my benift to have to do each one seperately and not be able to cut and past between them as some changes will be made at the same time

DO WE NEED TO LIVE IN A NANNY STATE or can we use our own brains for once
    Chris Ashdown

Have you phoned sales and asked them for a multi site key?

I phoned a few weeks ago and got a multi site key without any issues at all, if you are only wanting to test it is doubtful actinic will not give you the key. They are simply being cautious and asking people to wait a few weeks to ensure that sites don't go live before thorough testing has been completed and stability is more likely.

Comment

Asked for a key and told not available untill full launch
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

interesting.... and inconvenient! Still better safe than sorry

Comment

I'm afraid to say that this new release has not been handled well at all, which is a pity, as the software itself looks like a nice step up from earlier versions.

It's all well and good holding back on a full release whilst Beta testing is taking place, and personally I wouldn't want it any other way, BUT this is in light of a fairly heavy push to sell us discounted upgrades within set time limits.
          Its no good trying to persuade exsiting users to purchase an upgrade asap, if you are not ready to actually launch the product.

10 out of 10 for taking a bold step with software improvements
          3 out of 10 for poor marketing this time around.

Fingers crossed for a trouble free 'real' launch guys.

Comment

Working...
          X