No announcement yet.

actinic on a keyfob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - that logmein program looks like the solution to all my problems as well, thanks...! I am just about to go overseas and the net connection from my hotel is always very unstable so I can't make any changes to the website while I am away, but now this could be a revolution....
    Looks like I will be doing a bit of tinkering around with it tonight

Comment

Logmein is brilliant if the original PC is on, which in my case it wouldn't be, for security reasons. I guess I'll test the USB stick (keyfob) idea. I'm intrigued by comments about the reliablility of the sticks as they are "not designed for repeated read/write" - any views on what might go wrong, since they have no moving parts?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

SSDs have a limited number of read/write cycles. As long as you have a regular backups then I wouldn't be concerned.

Comment

Thanks Duncan - at £15 each for 2Gb I'd probably buy a new one every six months anyway

PS or maybe whack Actinic on a tiny Freecom 250Gb USB drive so I've got the whole office in my pocket................

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H
            £15 each for 2Gb
            Viking Direct & Neat Ideas are both half that price this week.

Paul
            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

logmein has a free tool called hamachi, just the network part.

this means file sharing and printer sharing as well. you can print to ny location as long as the machine is on your hamachi list.

this, together with 'ultravnc' is an overall faster experience.

Comment

gabe,
                I use Ultravnc for all my remote control.
                are you saying that if I use hamachi as well, the speed may be increased still further?

Comment

A major consideration for remote working whether you are using VNC or Logmein etc is of course the ISP uplink speed of your remote computer.

Comment

Working...
                  X