Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

google analytics in v8

Hi,

Has anyone got GA going correctly in v8? Not sure where I should be putting everything (I have got the urchin bit on each page) but where does the cart/goal stuff go now?

Paul.

To be honest, I have not even gone near trying this as yet with v8. Has anybody else tried it and how far have you got?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Paul

Have a looked at the following thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=22335, Follow the instructions for Active Goal part, but forget about the template mentioned here, as v8 has done away with them

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

I'm sorry if I appear to look like a complete numpty here, but I'm trying to follow how I can add Google analytics to my V8.02 site. I've looked at the threads on this, all of which point to modifying the following pages:

Act_BrochurePrimary.html, Act_Primary.html and Act_PrimaryCheckout.html

Well, if someone can tell me where these are or can be accessed using version 8.0.2 I'd be grateful, as they don't exist either on my machine or on my uploaded website....

Andy Baddeley
        www.nmisecurity.com/photography

Comment

Hi Andrew

Primary templates don't exist in v8. All you need to do is change to the 'Design' tab and then click in the preview either right at the top or right at the bottom of the page design. This should select the 'Overall Page Layout' in the 'Layout Code' panel at the bottom of the tab. You can enter the code in there.

Comment

Thanks. All makes sense now.

AB

Comment

Any further advice before I try it?

Originally posted by badders
              I'm sorry if I appear to look like a complete numpty here, but I'm trying to follow how I can add Google analytics to my V8.02 site. I've looked at the threads on this, all of which point to modifying the following pages:

Act_BrochurePrimary.html, Act_Primary.html and Act_PrimaryCheckout.html

Well, if someone can tell me where these are or can be accessed using version 8.0.2 I'd be grateful, as they don't exist either on my machine or on my uploaded website....

Andy Baddeley
              www.nmisecurity.com/photography
              Hi Andy

I'm about to try this, have you any further advice for numpties like me about inserting the necessary code as per the instructions given in this thread?

Comment

Google analytics and V8

Hi

I have google analytics working in my v7 site very nicely thanks to Dave's thread and all the fab people that contributed. We are looking at adding a second site to our co. now and therefore need to move to multi site version of actinic. We can only do this if we upgrade to v8. I have 30 day trial and have imported my site and started to play around and it has not been as bad as I thought, so so far so good. However does anyone know how the import will treat my google code? Will I have to put it back in again. I've searched on forum but I can't seem to find anyone who's converted from v7 to v8 with it working. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

I use V8 multisite and Analytics works perfectly.

My posts on the original thread on this can be found here:

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...3&postcount=27

Comment

Hi thanks very much, I wish this had come up when I searched. We've only had the trial for a day(!!) so knowledge is only just above zero but hopefully with your notes I can get it working too. Also prompted me to realise that our CJ code will not work either ... emm wish I had an IT brain.

Donna
                    Donna

Comment

You'll get there in the end! It is quite a shock moving from V7 to V8... Some features you can live without and others I've come very attached to. If you are launching a new site then it is definately worth the money...

Push Actinic for a discount on Multi-Site, their sales team are a great bunch and If you speak to Andy their tell him Andrew from JW Installations says Hi!

Comment

Thanks for this! Andy is our man so I'll pass on your best wishes!! For a non techie like me V8 seems a bit easier to manipulate but only time will tell - got to test it yet!!!

Thanks again D
                        Donna

Comment

Working...
                        X