Extended info page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended info page

I have set out a site (not online yet) with the product layout set as No Image No Description Laid Out In Single Line. I want the extended info to be accessed by clicking on the product name instead of the extended info button or text. Also I want to have an add to cart button on the extended info page.

Ultimately I want it to work exactly like this http://www.clfshop.com/find2.asp?fin...ture&brand=ABB

Is this possible?
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Hi Owen,

This is possible. What you will need to do is to insert the link to the Pop-up page around the Product Name in the specified layout.

I changed the layout on a product to 'No Image No Description Laid Out In Single Line' and then in the design tab, click on the product name, you should see
    <b><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></b>
    Change to read
    <b><a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('<actinic:variable name=ExtendedInfoPageEncoded />',<actinic:variable name="ExtInfoWindowWidth" />,<actinic:variable name="ExtInfoWindowHeight" />);"><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></a></b>
    On the product select 'Generate Popup Page' on the 'Extended Information' tab, then against 'Extended Info Page design' use the drop down to select 'Includes Add to Cart button'. Apply and then check to see if it does what you want.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for that. The only problem I have is that I have set the pop up pages on the site to open in the same page and with a cart button so at the moment this piece of javascript opens in a new window.

Comment

Try this...

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ExtendedInformationType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Opens%20in%20the%20Same%20Window%22" >
        <a href="<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageName" />">
        <b><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></b></a> </actinic:block>
        Instead of the javascript link. Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Works perfectly!

Comment

Working...
          X