Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Designer v8 on Vista RC1

Hi all,

Anyone using Visa RC1 with Actinic Designer v8? I seem to be experiencing a problem everytime I quit Actinic - I get a dialog saying "catalog.exe has stopped working". This has occured on Vista versions even before RC1, such as Beta2. Anyone know what causes it?

[EDIT]

Also, every site I create disapears from the "sites..." menu

[/EDIT]

18T

Phil,

RC1 has not as yet been fully tested with Actinic v8. This however is on the cards and will be done before Vista is in full production release.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks. I actually gave up using Vista RC1 for this very reason. Looks pretty but thats about it!

Cheers
      18T

Comment

I have had the same problems and can't get past the renaming or deleting site1 folder issue you mentioned. The really odd one was when I had the fresh install of v8 and it came up with the error saying whether I wished to rename folder Site1, on saying Yes it said it failed to rename the folder Site1. On saying No it said it couldn't continue and I should delete the folder called Site1. I looked in the Sites folder and there wasn't a Site1 folder, so how could I delete it or rename it!

I thought all these buggy problems were permissions related too - perhaps Vista restricts what applications can do, one being creating, renaming or deleting folders.

I'm going to give up for now and just run Actinic from my XP installation which I'm running from another partition. Really annoying though having to reboot to XP just to run Actinic.

Comment

If Actinic want a tester of Actinic Catalog v8 on Windows Vista I Beta RC1 I am willing to do it. Its a pain keeping having to reboot to XP every time I want to change something!

Comment

Does it work now?

I saw in another thread that Actinic are working on making 8.0.4 work with Windows Vista. I'm just about to change the full release which has been released through Technet Plus, can anyone tell me whether the changes in 8.0.4 which mentions making it work in Vista have cured this particular issue?

Comment

Hi James,

Actinic v8.0.4 will work with the full release of Vista without any of the issues mentioned in the posts above. Once v8.0.4 is in release, if you come across any of the above mentioned issues with the Vista production release then we will take a look at it for you.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

thanks for that. how long does it usually take for an Actinic beta to get to release?

I'm champing at the bit to load 8.0.4 now, but want to wait until the full release as I don't want my online store falling over.

Its been a real pain having to reboot back to XP whenever I want to change something in Actinic.

Comment

Hi there

8.0.4 is very imminent. We're just concluding internal testing at the moment, and if it passes all that OK we'll be releasing a beta.

It has several fixes in it to help it work with Windows Vista - so I'd really appreciate any feedback you could give us from any beta testing you can do.

Comment

I can confirm that the 8.04 patch doesn't fix the problems with the 'disappearing sites' issue on Vista RTM (Technet release build).

Comment

OK - please report this to v804beta@actinic.co.uk

Comment

Reply posted as requested.

Shame it doesn't work - I was looking forward to finally binning XP... Oh well...

Comment

Working...
                        X