Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is anyone else confused by the partner announcement re 8.01.

It says 8.01 will be released on Tuesday 12th Sept.

but there is a link to a 30 day trial, what is the correct procedure for those of us with v8 licence keys already?

simply download the trial and assume it will pick up the licence info? or does something magical happen on the 12th?

is anyone else confused by the partner announcement re 8.01
    What partner anouncement - Ive seen nothing

Comment

Yeah I'm confused as well lol. I got this email:

We are pleased to announce that Actinic v8.0.1 will be released into full production on Tuesday 12th September. This first maintenance release of v8 fixes 20 issues in the initial production version.

To see details of changes in v8.0.1, go to;
      http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/changes_v8.htm

To download the v8.0.1 30 day trial, go to;
      http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/PartnerRelease.php4

If you have any feedback or issues concerning v8.0.1, please email:
      mailto:v801beta@actinic.co.uk

The Actinic Sales Team are now taking orders for Actinic v8.0.1 new licences only. Any orders made before 2pm today will be shipped by courier to arrive Monday. Due to the level of demand we are unable to email licence keys. For all upgrade requests for v8.0.1, please allow 14 days for delivery from Monday 11th September.
      To order new Actinic v8.0.1 licences only, please call the Actinic Sales Team on 0845 129 4800.

Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
        What partner anouncement - Ive seen nothing
        Don't they usually stagger the emails to avoid hammering the servers and their phones?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I also got my V8 license keys some time ago and want to upgrade to V8.0.1 final asap. I would also like to know how to download the upgrade patch from V8 to V8.0.1 or at least how to install it.

Are we perhaps supposed to install V8.0.1 trial and then just enter our V8 license keys again?

Comment

Are we perhaps supposed to install V8.0.1 trial and then just enter our V8 license keys again?
            Try it Duncan and let us know how you get on

Comment

Duncan,

If you choose "Upgrade v8 Installation" when you install the 8.0.1 trial, it should retain your key.

I finally got my key about two days ago, and was assured it will work with any version 0f v8 - I applied it to the 8.0.1 beta, and it was accepted.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Actually I notice that V8.01 patch is available on the link (not just the trial)
                I'm going to give it a go.

Comment

Downloaded the upgrade V8.01 patch. Went in no problems - just like pervious release patches. License key was retained.

Comment

Ive just used the patch as well and it went ok

Comment

Working...
                    X