Using meta keywords with Actinic search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using meta keywords with Actinic search

In v7, Actinic indexes the meta keywords from sub sections and allows the simple search box to pick up these keywords.

I'm now setting up a new store in v8 and if I enter one of the meta keywords from a sub section in the simple search box, it doesn't find it.

I need to enable Actinic to read the meta keywords of sub sections, and allow searching by these keywords. Can anyone help me do this?! Maybe I need to change the search script or something??

Hi Carl,

I am running this past Development. Can confirm that it does not work as it did in v7. Will update you.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks

Thanks in advance Bruce. Hope they can sort it and look forward to hearing from you.

Carl

Comment

Carl,

This has been declared a bug and should be fixed in a future maintenance release. The workaround would be to have the key words in the description.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Bug

OK thanks for investigating Bruce.

This is really key to the functionality of my site(s). Can you give me a rough idea of when this bug will be fixed?

Comment

Can you give me a rough idea of when this bug will be fixed?
            Not precisely - but it is a matter of weeks rather than months.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Chris. Will you contact me regarding this specific issue, or is there just going to be a mailout or something announcing v8 fixes?

Comment

or is there just going to be a mailout or something announcing v8 fixes?
                We send out emails to all our partners and customers following a maintenance release. This includes a link to a list of all the changes in the release.

Comment

Working...
                X