How to display price inc vat on search results page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to display price inc vat on search results page

On the search results page, v8 displays product prices ex VAT. How can I change this to display the inc VAT price?

Carl,

Am looking up this one for you.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Any news on this?
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Hi Steve

I'm getting this checked out with development to see if it was designed like this or a bug. Please bear with me while I can get this information

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Steve

Just got some information back, It is designed liked this, the search does not apply tax calculations to it, so it will only show ex-vat. I'm afraid there is no way around this.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem. I think this is a bit of a failing to be honest and maybe something the design team could look at for future versions? I was hoping to use search pages in a PPC campaign for click results on a keyword (like brand) but I feel people will get to the page and think 'wow, thats a great price' and then be dissapointed when they see the actual price and think 'con'.

Anyway, is there any other way of displaying a page of products that all have one variable in common? So, I could create a 'brand' variable and then somehow have a page that displays all the products with 'brand' at a certain value eg 'Panasonic' This would be great and I thought I had read that V8 would be able to do this but I can't see anthing in the guides.
            Blank DVD
            Cloth Nappies

Comment

I'm sure you could find a way to add some nice big text to the results page saying "Prices on this page are shown without VAT for the benefit of trade and overseas customers. UK and Europe retail customers - VAT will be added at the appropriate rate(s)."
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I've just done that Bill

Still would rather it displayed with VAT though.
                Blank DVD
                Cloth Nappies

Comment

I want to achieve the same thing, ie search results pricing inc VAT. I've had a look at some the example sites on the Actinic website and they all display the results as VAT inclusive

Many thanks

Comment

Our v8 test site displays the search result prices inc VAT. The variable it is coming from in the layout is <Actinic:Variable Name="SearchResultPrice"/> (You will probably see it on your page as SearchResultPrice).

Can you check you have this in yours?

David
                    Cheers

David
                    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Agreed, this needs sorting, as we're potentially treading on dodgy ground regarding false advertising esp. as like above you want to link to search pages - and if nothing else it does feel a little misleading...

If it is the case that we cant display VAT incl prices, is it possible to remove the price from the search results copletely?

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Dan,

As I said in the previous post, you can display them inc vat in the search (in fact I never realised you could display them ex VAT). Have you got <Actinic:Variable Name="SearchResultPrice"/> in your Search Results layout?
                        Cheers

David
                        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Dan, We removed prices from the search results :

Settings | Search Settings | Untick "price" within the Display Options

Comment

surely the easiest way to do this would be to export the catalog to hierachal csv and the copy the prices inc vat in the product short description column? Basically combining the product name with the price inc vat? This way everyone will see the price inc vat in bold as part of the product name in the search results?

EG:

=Price(x 100)x1.175

New column next to short description

Apply an autofilter to just display product rows

in the new column enter ="prodname_cellref"&"priceincvat_celref"
                            E.G: =A1&" - £"&C1&" Inc VAT"

so result in B1 would be: Blah Blah Product - £100 Inc VAT

Comment

cheers...

...thanks for your help with this guys. Couldnt find the search result layout so couldnt check the code.

Decided to go for the removal option in the end...

Cheers,

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X