One AddToCart button per choice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One AddToCart button per choice.

If I have a product 'widget' which is available in different sizes where each size is a different price, how do I present the product with one Add To Cart button for each size and also include the prices? (Using V8)

E.g.

Widget
    The best thing since sliced bread.

SIZE 1: £22 ADD_TO_CART
    SIZE 2: £33 ADD_TO_CART
    SIZE 3: £44 ADD_TO_CART

I can do the above using a drop-down list but can't get multiple buttons to work.

Many Thanks

Dave

different product layouts for each size, so they are all treated as separate products

for example you could have prod name and description as a product (not orderable)

then the 3 sizes use a compact layout

Comment

Thanks Jo,
      Will keep that one in mind but I'm trying to create a layout that is a little more complex than my example. See attached image.

Was hoping V8 would allow me to do this without having to manually write the prices into the descriptions.
      Attached Files

Comment

V8 will do this for you. Go to design mode and on the properties tab, set the price layout to one that includes the price (with or without VAT) and on the properties tab set the number of attributes in push button grid to 1 and you will get a list of prices for each option and an add to cart option next to each option.

I did this on the glasses product in the default databaes and it worked - the prices were shown below the push button grid, so all the info but not quite the layout. Better than V7 though.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,
          I can only get it to do this using two separate tables. One with Choice and 'Add to Cart' and the other with Choice and Price. Is this what you mean? Or is it possible to get all this in one table?

Comment

That is what I meant - I am sure you can fix it though but my brain is too fuzzy to work it out today. You would need to change the PushButtonGrid layout which you can find in the design library under the attribute section. I tried to change it and broke it, might try again tomorrow.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

By experimentation, I've managed to get the AddToCart button to work in the Price Table by adding a new column to the Permutation Grid Row layout. This seems to work ok. I'm assuming the '_1' below relates to the attribute count (?) but I couldn't find a variable to replace it. I'm only using one attribute but this may cease to work if there are more than one.

Code:
              <td>
                 <actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />
              </td>
              <script type='text/javascript'>
                function onclick_<actinic:variable name="ListIndex" />()
                {
                  this.form.v_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />_1.value='<actinic:variable name="ListIndex" />';
                }
                var x=document.getElementsByName('_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />');
                x[x.length - 1].onclick = onclick_<actinic:variable name="ListIndex" />;
              </script>
              Would appreciate any feedback..

Comment

Would be great if someone from Actinic could comment on this. I'm basically trying to achieve Size, Price and Buy button in one grid.

Many Thanks.

Comment

Dave,

I see that you have an ongoing ticket with support. Let me check the database they have with them.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Dave,

The push button grid layout is controlled by PHP. I would suggest reverting to factory settings and then perhaps a PHP expert like Norman can debug your code and get it working for you.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce. I had a stab at the PHP myself but soon lost my bottle.

I've managed to do it another way. It's a little messy but it seems to work well. Instead of adding the price to the 'Push Button Grid' I've added the Buy Button to the 'Attributes and Price Grid' and then stopped the Push Button Grid from being displayed.

I will revisit this when I've got more time and Norman will be my first port-of-call on how to go about it properly.

Dave

Comment

hi,

how do i attatch the buy button to the attributes and prices grid and stop displaying the push button grid?

also is there any way of dispaying tax inclusive prices in the grid?

thanks

Al Myers

Comment

how do i attatch the buy button to the attributes and prices grid and stop displaying the push button grid?
                          I'm afraid not. If you want a button for each choice, you need the push button grid.

also is there any way of dispaying tax inclusive prices in the grid?
                          Yes - click on a price in the grid in the 'Design' tab and then replace the entire contents of the layout with

Code:
                          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
                             <actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(round(<actinic:variable name="PermutationPriceRaw" /> * 1.175, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />), <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>
                          </actinic:block>
                          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e" />
                             <actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(round(<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductPriceRaw" /> * 1.175, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />), <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>
                          </actinic:block>

Comment

Chris: I've done exactly that on a new site I'm working on in V8.

The following link shows the result...

http://www.abfishingtackle.com/acatalog/MustadMono.html

I've stopped the push button grid from being displayed and added the buy button to the attributes and price table. It seems to work fine but if there's a good reason I shouldn't have done this I'd like to know about it. Would appreciate it if you could take a look.

Plugnplay: Pending Chris's response I'll try and put a post together explaining the steps.

Dave

Comment

Looks good to me. It's going beyond my knowledge, but it looks like a good solution. Nice one.

Comment

Working...
                              X