X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ActSelBeh?

Can anybody tell me what this is?

<SPAN ACT ID=1_9716434 STYLE="behavior:url(#ActSelBeh);">

It's popping up before the DOCTYPE on my preview pages and throwing the browser into quirks mode, thus screwing up my CSS based layout.

There's also a <SPAN ACT> at the end of the document.

The Design window within Actinic also shows broken design, but with a slightly different result.

One effect present on previews in FF and IE and Actinic is the non-display of background images called from a separate sytle sheet. I am using Designer (evaluating) and an Actinic registered Dreamweaver design with its own stylesheet.

Many thanks, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

further info:
    preview is OK in content view and when 'offline page previewed' from there, but broken in design view (and when previewed from there).
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Dan,

Apologies for the delay in getting to this thread, another one that seems to have slipped by me.

In order to display content correctly, Internet Explorer insists on having the <doctype> tag e,g,

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
      "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

... right at the top of the page design. Actinic breaks this though, as when content is previewed within the interactive preview, the first line of the design is something like the message you are getting.

What it means is that designs within Actinic's interactive preview look different to when they are previewed offline in a browser (when these <span> tags get taken out). This issue will be fixed in the next Maintenance release.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce
        adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X