Extended Info Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info Pages

I'd like my Extended info pages to look the same as all my other pages with the same nav bars etc. I can achieve this by cutting and pasting from my main design but then I have two files to edit when I need to make a change and there is too much scope for them to go out of sync. This is obviously not good for maintainability.

I managed this on V7 using dreamweaver templates but I don't think this is possible with V8.

Is there a way to make the extended info page use the main (OUTER LAYOUT) design?

You can create your own Extended Infor page layout based on the Inner Layout and save it. You can then select your new layout on the top most level, Settings | Site Options. This will cause all the other Extended Info pages to use the parent layout. You will have to check existing ones, but new ones will use the new layout by default.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, but this means I'll have 2 layouts to maintain. Or have I misunderstood? My outer layout contains all the page elements that I want to be included on my extended info pages but I don't seem to be able to specify this layout for my extended-info pages.

Comment

One way to avoid duplication would be to make a few custom layouts for the different bits of your main layout, and include them in both pages.

Comment

Thanks Ash. Problem solved with one big step forward for maintainability!

Comment

Working...
          X