Actinic v8.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v8.0.2

We are pleased to announce that Actinic v8.0.2 is now in full production. This second maintenance release of v8 addresses the shipping problem previously identified as well as 3 other issues.

To see details of changes in v8.0.2, go to;
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/changes_v8.htm

To download the v8.0.2 30 day trial, go to;
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/Register.php4

Please note that due to the level of demand we are unable to email licence keys. For all upgrade requests for v8.0.2, please allow 28 days for delivery from today (14th September 2006).

Kind Regards,

Actinic Software

Can you post a link to the upgrade as well please?

Edit: Found it - you can get to it via this link, then click on 'up' and select patches and upgrades etc.
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/PartnerRelease.php4

Comment

do we have to phone orders in or can we do it via email?

Comment

So, I take it from this discussion then that the keys sent our with V8.0 for designer/BMS are NOT valid to authorize V8.02 as a different key log needs to be sent out?

or have I got the wrong end of the muddy stick and this applies to V7 upgrades?

Regards
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Jo

I did it from the website, i ordered it and just supplied my existing key when asked

this link should do it http://www.actinic.co.uk/shop/acatal...er_Offers.html

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
            So, I take it from this discussion then that the keys sent our with V8.0 for designer/BMS are NOT valid to authorize V8.02 as a different key log needs to be sent out?

or have I got the wrong end of the muddy stick and this applies to V7 upgrades?

Regards
            My key was mailed to me with the V8.0.0 upgrade software some time go and I have since upgraded tp 8.0.1 and now to 8.0.2 (with the same V8 key) - just like previous release upgrades. So if you already have a valid V8 key you should be able to upgrade your v8 installation without a problem.

I think Tiff was referring to upgrade keys for v7 to v8.

Comment

Hi Duncan

I have yet to recieve my key as per my other post, i just think it is a bit poor for existing customers

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

Sorry about the delay. We are getting through the backlog as fast as we can.

It hasn't been helped by the fact that after 8.0.1 came out we started shipping the upgrades and then had to stop, then go back to the people who had received the upgrade and say a replacement would be along. Then send the replacements. Then update all of the packs that we had pre-prepared that now needed updating with an 8.0.2 CD. Then restart normal shipping of upgrades. This may sound trivial, but the problem is that there are an enormous number of upgrades to get through.

Admin are tearing their hair out (between re-packing boxes).

I obviously can't complain as the whole problem is down to us, but I hope that you see why there's a delay. It will be good if we beat the stated dates, but let's see. Apologies once more.

Chris

Comment

I may have confused people here, I was asking because I will need client keys to go with my designer key (I've only asked for my designer key to date). I was thinking if I had to wait 28 days, I ought to put my order in now as I have one site nearing completion.

Comment

Many Thanks Guys

Just thought I would clarify our position.

Kind regards and happy hunting.
                    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks for your reply Chris

but my point is, why can i not get my upgrade key over the phone, fax or email. The box set is not realy important as i already have the software. Then all you need to do is send the CD's without a key at a later date without causing undue stress on your staff.

Correct me if i am wrong, but surely the keys could have been generated along time ago as they are not specific to the CD? it is the same key for V8, V8.01 & V8.02 is it not?

I understand that the problems you have encountered are huge as there is no simple work around.

Cheers
                      Darren

Comment

This all sounds very sensible - but unfortunately I don't work with Sales or Admin, and they don't really monitor this forum very much. My suggestion is to call Sales on 0845 129 4800 and see what you can sort out over the phone.

Comment

Darren,

I've just spoken to Actinic admin who have brought in some extra resources to try to get the upgrades out asap. My understanding is that we are now nearly 50% through the backlog and they expect to be up-to-date in eight working days time at the worst.

So hopefully if you haven't received your upgrade yet, you will very shortly.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris

Just thought i would update you, i have again spoken to the sales guys and am being told i should have it this week!

Should? Today is 3 weeks already, and i take it that should also means might not so if it is not here then it will be 4 weeks

I know i am having a moan, but hopefully this will not happen again and next time everyone will go "Do remember what happenend with V8" and better planning will be undertaken

Darren

Comment

Darren,

Point taken.

We're looking at having a totally different process for the next major release.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X