Version 8.0.0.0.0.0GIKA Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 8.0.0.0.0.0GIKA Problem

I have just impoted one of our old version 7 sites on to Actinic version 8 (Version 8.0.0.0.0.0GIKA Problem) and now when I look at the templates it keep comming up with a debug message and trying to start eather Microsft Interdev / j++ or MS scrip debugger...

What going on?

TA
    Darren:confused

Darren,

I am not too sure as to what is happening there, was the v7 site very heavily customised? There was also a major bug with upgrading the shipping between v7 and v8.0.0 but that has been fixed in v8.0.2.

I would suggest downloading v8.0.2 from the website and then doing the upgrade of the v7 site.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

We did a snap shot of the version 7.0.6 site and then installed Actinic 8 from the cd we recived from you...

and then imported the snap shot, yes the template is modified a lot could this be a course of the problem.

TA

Comment

v8.0.2 was released yesterday and is the latest version. This Maintenance release fixes quite a few issues with v8. The customisation could be cause for quite a few of the issues, but will only be able to tell if we can see the errors.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

I am getting a script error saying the object can't be found, But the javascrip is declaired at the top of the Act_primery.html file.

So why is it that it not working then...

I am in the middle of changing all the javascrip calles from 'Javascrip' to javascrip1.1.

Not sure if that will fix it or not!

TA
          Darren

Comment

Darren

Have you gone to 'Design | Check Coding Errors'? This can take you to the point in the template that is causing the error.

If you need someone to take a look, you could maybe upload the site as is to a test area, or else register an email support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. I'm sure there is a reason for the problem - it's just something that has not quite upgraded 100% correctly.

Comment

It turnd out to be visual studio on my pc coursing the problem, it was the just in time debugger activating, I have now disabled it and that stop that error comming up..

Guess it the big M$ trying to help again.... I raly hate microsoft at times.

Comment

Working...
              X