Version Expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version Expired

OK i know this appears frequently but i have been waiting for the the latest release before i installed any V8 copies.

Various advice about existing users wait until V8.01 then bug with shipping wait for V8.02

so i download it it today and it has expired. I registered for my license key on monday so have not got that and can not do any site work on my existing V7 designs

Can someone help

Darren

OK

Spoke to tech support and they told me to uninstall it and delete the v8 folder then reinstall, and it still did not work so i ring back and tech support is now closed

(Start Rant) Thanks actinic, i am told to wait up to 28 days for my license key and i cant get an evaluation copy to work - funny enough i would have thought existing customers would of had priority over new customers - how many weeks will it had been on the shelf before i can use it. (End Rant)

Darren

Comment

I must admit normally the uninstall/reinstall method normally works.

Comment

Hi Jo

I would think it has something to do with an uninstall not removing a registry key.

Perhaps actinic could issue evaluation license keys which are time sensitive and not the way it is currently done. I have seen this done with other software but do not know what the feasibility is with actinic.

Darren
        ps cheers for doing the SSL cert renewal

Comment

Is it really 28 days to get a licence key? We only ordered ours yesterday and we're quite some way down the road with developing a site in the evaluation period, not sure our client is going to be too chuffed with waiting around for 2 weeks while we wait for an Actinic licence.
          www.virtuaffinity.com

Comment

28 Days is what my email states, i am hoping this is not working days as this will then be nearly 6 weeks?

I understand there are 1000's of copies but i feel there has been a considerable amount of time to sort this out while it was being developed. Pro Active Not Reactive.

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

Perhaps actinic could issue evaluation license keys which are time sensitive
              This was done for the beta program
              Is it really 28 days to get a licence key?....with waiting around for 2 weeks.
              i feel sorry for you if you have 28 days in 2 weeks, still i guess it gives you more time to get things done assuming you have 24 hours in your days

Comment

Could you imagine that 728 days between your birthday

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                  This was done for the beta program i feel sorry for you if you have 28 days in 2 weeks, still i guess it gives you more time to get things done assuming you have 24 hours in your days
                  Would be nice just think how much longer we'd all live but alas no, there will be 2 weeks of waiting for the key once the evaluation runs out.

Does anyone know if updating from evaluation version 8.0 to beta 8.2 extends that trial time?
                  www.virtuaffinity.com

Comment

Roy,

At the moment you may have to wait up to 14 days for your key due to a backlog of requests. Most of the ones on teh head of the list should get theirs much sooner.

I would suggest making a backup of your site in v8.00 and then uninstalling it. You can install the full version of of v8.0.2, upgrade the backup by importing into the new version and run that on a 30 day trial till you get the key.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

14 Days, sounds better as i have been waiting 9 days so not long now then?

or is that working days so i still have another week and a half to go :-(

Cheers
                      Darren

ps Bruce i did a clean install with V8.02 and it expired before i used it and it was the first V8 install i have done i also uninstalled and reinstalled and it still does not work

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                        Roy,

At the moment you may have to wait up to 14 days for your key due to a backlog of requests. Most of the ones on teh head of the list should get theirs much sooner.

I would suggest making a backup of your site in v8.00 and then uninstalling it. You can install the full version of of v8.0.2, upgrade the backup by importing into the new version and run that on a 30 day trial till you get the key.

Kind regards,

Thanks Bruce.
                        www.virtuaffinity.com

Comment

Darren,

ps Bruce i did a clean install with V8.02 and it expired before i used it and it was the first V8 install i have done i also uninstalled and reinstalled and it still does not work
                          Did you delete, the 'Actinic v8' folder from within C:\Program files\ ?

Also make sure to clear out the registry in both the below areas..

a) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog8
                          b) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog8
                          Close registry and exit.

Install v8 afresh and let us know how you get along.

Kind regards,
                          Bruce King
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

I uninstalled and checked the registry re-installed and it still failled

so i uninstalled and manualy searched the registry and deleted all the references to V8, funny enough there is a lot (took me bloody ages)

Re-installed and now i can use the evaluation.

Still a bit disappointed as i recieved another email at the end of last week about V8.02 and a 28 day wait for the upgrades, I have been waiting 21 days already and when i requested the upgrade i was told 2 - 3 weeks?

Darren

Comment

It sounds to me like yours might have got lost. I requested my upgrade over the phone about a week ago and it arrived in 3 days.

Might be worth calling actinic sales and seeing if they know when yours was sent out.

Mike
                              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X