Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random text

Hi,

I have a problem with some text that seems to be appearing twice on my page. It is "82" that is obviously coming from my telephone number which is in a bit of javascript.

Code:
    document.write('<p id="cart_empty_text" title="Your shopping cart is empty.">need help? call 08457 627282<\/p>');
    Its on this page (and all others). Its only in IE that I can see it (FF/OP ok, or hidden quickly so I can not see it).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Paul.

I don't see it in IE7 or Firefox or Opera.

It is probably coming from the <noscript> and then being overwritten by the document write once the javascript has been processed. Easy way to tell would be to change the colour of the <noscript. and see if that is shown on screen.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill - you were right. It was something to do with that. I had the noscript on the wrong side of a </div> (should be in the div not outside it)... why it was coming up at all when its a noscript is a mystery... IE6 and its 'enhancements' probably!

Thanks,
      Paul.

Comment

Yes, 6 was a nuisance IE7 has gone a long way toward standardisation, though there are still a few items where MS will not accept another application vendor's interpretation of the standard so have left code they know is non-compliant until the w3c make a ruling on proper interpretation of the standards.

Still with RC1 on the street, we website scribes can look forward to a drop in the amount of fudging we have to do fairly soon.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X