Restoring a layout to default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring a layout to default

I have been playing with the new version today and I have managed to mess up the extended info with add to cart button page!

Where can i find an original copy of this page's code to restore it?

Libary, layout tab,

chose extended info layout, right click,restore to factory default

Comment

messing around

I am not sure what i pressed.. but my page section hyperlinks are missing i.e.

"shop | Computers section | Harddrives | under £50".

I have return the library to factory settings, returned the based design layout to executive and all the pages layout options to 'use parent'. however the sections are no showing subsection hyperlinks and the top basic site section hyperlinks are not showing either... any ideas? i.e. goto www.themtsworld.myfreewebsite.org/eshop

(look at the site map to see what should be visable)

Thanks guys.

Steve

Comment

Look for the layout "Section Page with Section Name at Top"... (or similarly named layout) and see if you have a layout called something like "sub section list top" .. this may be a fixed layout using something such as "Sub Section List with Horizontal Dividers"

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

And learn to take a snapshot before you mess with things. Get the basics right now and save a lot of heartache or stress in the future.

Comment

furthe info

cheers guys for the quick reply.

i've changed all the links to 'parent' settings i.e all are section page with section name at top' and the subsection layout is 'standard subsection list with horizontal dividers'... to no avail.

I've changed the colours incase the text is white (with hope)... but no hope on that one.

is there a way to return all the settings back to 'factory default' in all setup areas (without having the change the settings

- or is there a way to transfer the products to a new products section?

Comment

Use the facility to highlight any changes to layouts in the design library.

You may have also selected 'no layout' for both the top and the bottom breadcrumb trail, which is now sounding more and more likely. Go through each option in site options, read its name and see what's set. Pay attention to any set as 'no layout'.

Comment

hey thanks guys... all is as it should be... there is no indication of any '*' or marker on the library and the site options and all related layout choices are as needed.

and still no headers, links or section items

Comment

is it an upgraded site? Is it possible that you're using and have made changes in upgraded ACT_ templates/layouts that aren't being found by comparing/reverting?
                  Tracey

Comment

hey tracey; not as far as i am aware... i started the site in actinic using the original 'executive' template and only altered it in the actinic user interface (i have just exited and reloaded a previous attempt by renaming the directories and the old site when loaded shows the section titles and links on them fine ..... if that helps at all) - aside that; I have only used the one program from start to err... well.. almost broke....

as a thought... is it therefore possible to export my main site products, pricing and text without exporting the setup (i can create a skeleton copy with the right formatting which I will map into) - therefore avoiding having to start again?

Comment

Originally posted by reecesp
                      I've changed all the links to 'parent' settings i.e all are section page with section name at top' and the subsection layout is 'standard subsection list with horizontal dividers'... to no avail.
                      Are those layouts actually being placed into the HTML code? They should be on the page as the purple coloured layouts ... you may be applying the right layout but if the layout is not on the page it will not appear.

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

ahh thanks for the reply... some good news...

i have been able to get headers on the page by selecting the layouts to 'best seller with etc..etc..'

however... i think the problem is with the setup of the section page with header code as I am now able make the sub section links appear by selecting 'section page without parent link' but if i do that then the main page title dissapears....

so the problems left are how do i get the section titles to appear (i think it is in the setup of the 'section page with section section name at top' profile as when i use that one it actually takes off both the header and/or the subsection lists depending on which is currently showing).

And of course the problem of the dissapearing heading links is still there (the skeleton links showing you were in the site you are 'home | products | delivery'...etc... for your ref: if your bored and fancy a look at the almost fixed one to gauge what i mean - the address is www.themtsworld.myfreewebsite.org/eshop
                        ignore the pics and text. i am putting in functionality and user interface for now.

Comment

Working...
                        X