Web Hosting In New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Hosting In New Zealand

I am moving to N.Z. on Oct 24th. and wish to use Actinic out there, I do not suppose anybody has experience of web hosting companies out there. I currently use Register Direct (NZ company) for my own website. I could use UK web hosting, but the New Zealanders would probably prefer to use local services. One last point, I had a link to a file on actinic that listed the web hosting requirements, could somebody please give me the link

Where are you going to, I looked at moving there a few years ago, moved to Devon instead though. It is a great place you are very lucky.

With regard to the internet, it seemed to me to be a few years behind, I ran my shops from there for 3 weeks without any problem though, it was nice actually because my customers were asleep while I was awake, so I got all admin done in an hour or so instead of filtering it throughout the day.

I think that there might be an Actinic reseller out there now though, ask Actinic for details.

I would also suggest asking here :

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83

gosh, this brings back some very nice memories actually, you are definately very very lucky :-)

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

You should really check out the infrastructure in NZ. You may find it better to host in the UK or US as networking in generally far superior here.

But register your NZ domain with a NZ address/contact etc etc

Comment

Hi,

I'd recommend you have a chat with Mark at 1st web - www.1stweb.co.nz

I bought my software from him as he is the authorised distributor for Asia/Pac. He's very helpful and should be able to point you in the right direction. He's just put up an Actinic site www.actinic.co.nz

Welcome to our part of the world - though I'm just across the ditch in Australia

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          You may find it better to host in the UK or US as networking in generally far superior here.

But register your NZ domain with a NZ address/contact etc etc
          I thought most people agreed that you are better of hosting (server location)in the country of your market as the search engines look at both host and domain in selecting you

Therefore a uk domain hosted in Germany is of lower rateing than a uk domain hosted in England
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thank you for all your replies, I will certainly follow up the links. In reply to Jan Strassen, we are moving to Auckland and hope to live in Half Moon bay (there is a ferry link to the city centre). I will be working from home till I can get established, so I want a room with a view of the harbour!

Comment

Working...
            X