V8 any faster than V7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 any faster than V7

I'm considering upgrading to V8 but would like to know if any of you V8 users have noticed a performance gain in V8. We have about 7000 product in V7 and find it extremely slow on an AMD X2 4200 Dual Core system with 2Gb RAM - probably due to the database size. Does V8 handle this any faster?
    http://www.phoenix-pcs.co.uk

Can other v8 users please comment to this query.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

I have version 8 on a site with over 7000 products and I am having a mare. Exporting a snapshot takes ages. I can't get the site uploaded because I keep on getting ftp errors. Sent a snapshot to Tech support and they can't get it uploaded. Reviewing files takes ages. I have been trying to upload files to the site for the last 3 hours with no joy! If I had known I would have done the site in version 7.
      Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

Only used it on sites with about 1000 products max so far but I have not noticed any reduction in speed, infact the preview window is much faster - I did not bother with it in V7 but in V8 it is usable.

Comment

There seems to be a problem with the speed of V8 where external linking is used. I have the problem logged with support / development but haven't heard any response yet.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

There seems to be a problem with the speed of V8 where external linking is used
            Not using that so I cannot comment.

Comment

The speed of the online shop is faster, startup can a little slower if you have a lot of sections but operation should be faster or as fast once the program is running. I have noticed occasionally that preview is slower for some of my badly designed pages, but am going to start again with one of the new V8 designs when I bite the bullet and upgrade properly.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
              X