stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid question

Just received my copy of V8 and I have a quick but hopefully not too stupid a question:

Q. we are running our site using V7 at present and I was wondering if it was possible to load V8 onto the same pc and play about with the new designs etc before we import our existing site. I have just started the V8 installation and the option is to "upgrade V7" - if I do this will I still be able to use my site as normal and add new products until I am happy to start using V8?

Thanks for the help,

Graham

hi there

you can run v8 on the same pc as v7, and upgrade your v7 later.
    Gary Simpson
    www.tba
    Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Comment

so if I "upgrade v7 sites" I can still add new items to my site as normal and the upgrade won’t alter my existing live site.
      or
      as I have v8 evaluation copy on my pc at the moment should I "upgrade v8 installation" and then import my snapshot later
      sorry to be a pain but I don’t want to screw up my live site as we are constantly adding new items.

thanks for your patience

Comment

so if I "upgrade v7 sites" I can still add new items to my site as normal and the upgrade won’t alter my existing live site.
        or
        as I have v8 evaluation copy on my pc at the moment should I "upgrade v8 installation" and then import my snapshot later
        Either/or works fine.

Your copy of v8 will not affect your copy of v7 as long as you don't upload and overwrite your v7 live store with the v8 store.

The upgrade guide (link at the top of this forum) will take you through how to upgrade your v7 design to v8, without affecting your v7 live store - and will then show you how to transfer your latest products and orders into v8 when you are ready to finally go live.

Comment

Working...
        X