Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

act_primary

Hi all,

I want to change the overall layout of my site (using Dreamweaver) and from what I have read, I need to change the layout by editing act_primary.

I can't find this file in my \site directory (or in the help files) - can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm using v8, but only have the 'Getting Started With Design In Actinic v7' guide. Is this now out of date? If so, will there be n update?

Thanks all,
    Simon
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

If you go to 'Help | Starter Guide' in v8 you will get a guide to customising the v8 layouts as they are very different from v7.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can't find anything in the guide that advises me which file I need to load into Dreamweaver to change the overall layout of my store.

I am aware that there are the P_SiteRoot_index file - is this the equivalent of act_primary?

These may be basic queries, but as soon as I can get these round my head, I’m off and running (hopefully)!

Simon
      Simon Williams

Comment

Can someone tell me which file to edit in Dreamweaver to change the overall layout of my site.

I need to change column widths - page centring etc..

These issues do not seem to be covered in Actinic, and the old act_primary is now defunct.

HELP!
        Simon Williams

Comment

Template files no longer exist in a site1 folder like in previous versions and is all contained within the Db.

You need to look at the dreamweaver integration part and when viewing the main page you want to amend in design mode, you can then see all of the bits that makes up the html of the page and its outter layout, but no longer in files within the site1 folder

Comment

Thanks for that.

Does this then mean that there is no single 'outer' layout option where my framework would affect all pages?
            Simon Williams

Comment

In the design view you get a drop down where you can select the overall outter layouts, but these may or may not be different depending on the design in use and the layouts that are assigned to them.

Comment

Ok, thanks - I'll plough on!
                Simon Williams

Comment

Working...
                X