Navigation Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation Icons

Newbie question...! Am trying to setup a new navigation bar, want to use a couple of the Actinic options - ie T&C and View Cart - and then add some other new sections. In DW put in Nav Icon using Insert Actinic Content. Then go to Designer which shows the same NavIcon for all 8 options but when I start trying to edit the variables the software crashes or whatever change I make changes them all not just the one I've selected.

Any advice would be gratefully received as it's doing my head in! Thanks.

I find it easier to do changes like this in Actinic.

Within the 'Design' tab, you need to click where you want the navigation buttons to appear - and then find in the 'Layout Code' tab the exact part of the code where you want the Navigation buttons inserted.

Then click the 'Insert Layout' button on the toolbar (pink circle with a '+'). From the top list, select 'NavigationIcon'. This is the layout selector that inserts all the different kinds of navigation icon into the design. Then select the box labelled 'Use Fixed Layout' and then from the list at the bottom you can select the exact sort of navigation button you want to insert into the design.

Hope that helps

Comment

Perfect - many thanks Chris! Just one last query - want to amend the text for these NavIcons (ie from 'View Cart' to 'Your Basket') so have gone into Edit Variable and amended Initial Value plus Top Level Value with the text I want, click OK and Apply but nothing changes...

Comment

You can edit the text for these in 'Settings | Site Options | Links'.

Comment

I tried this method in the brochure page navigation.

It only added variable for the buttons i wanted (view cart, contact). Ideally I would have all buttons showing on all pages so i tried following the guidlines in the advanced user guide. It was a little obscure in its directions so I didnt manage to get it to work.

Could someone please help me in getting the nav bar to show all buttons at all times.

I am using clean layout css 13. If that helps?

Leigh
          Leigh Robinson

Hand forged, hand folded custom swords
          http://www.masterforge.co.uk

Comment

Basically, you decide what buttons you want. Then on the design tab, with the Brochure Home Page highlighted in the right hand content tree [if you see the design tree on the right, you need to click the tabs at the bottom to switch the view] make sure you are looking at Layout code in the lower left [if not same tabs business to change view].

Now scroll down till you see the menu button list [ a bunch of purple-ish words all strung together] probably starting with Home CSS Button.

At any point between or after the existing listed buttons, place your cursor, right click and select Insert Layout. Choose Navigation Icon.

Now comes the bit that is NOT logical.

Highlight that 'Navigation Icon' right click and choose Edit Appearance. Look for the 'Fixed' line and click on the wording to the right. Now select the button value you want (e.g. Terms CSS Button).

Once you have completed the settings for the Brochure pages, highlight the Shop Home Page in the content tree, and repeat the exercise.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X