Sending Form Mail to a Different E-mail Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending Form Mail to a Different E-mail Address

We have just bought the Actinic v8 - and are getting on with it really quite well with a bit of help (!)

Basically, we want to be able to advertise other companies surrounding us and the option to have a form where customers can request an appointment, for example a full body massage. I want this form to go to a seperate e-mail address within our domain, but can find no solution other than an e-mail coming to the main e-mail address that was put in the business settings. This wouldn't be a problem, except I want the e-mail to be forwarded automatically to the correct company. I'm either missing something, looking for the wrong thing or am just plain stupid!

Any suggestions, or help would be much appreciated!

Still working on it, but I can't find any reference to any e-mail at all! The only thing I can find is the "submit" and "ACTION"

I kinda gathered that the HTML mailto: coding isn't understood. ANY help would be really apreciated!

Comment

<actinic:variable name="FragmentLayout" />
      <form method="post" action="<Actinic:Variable Name="SendMailPageURL"/>">
      <input type="hidden" name="RANDOM" value="<actinic:variable name='Random'/>" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
      <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
      <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
      </actinic:block>

<actinic:variable Name="ValidationError"/>

<table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
      <tr>
      <td width="15">&nbsp;</td>
      <td colspan="2">
      <strong>Please complete the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible</strong><br />
      <br />
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>
      <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormName"/> *</span>
      </td>
      <td>
      <input type="text" name="Name" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormNameValue"/>" />
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>
      <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="InvoicePrompt010" /> *</span>
      </td>
      <td>
      <input type="text" name="Telephone" size="50" value="{Daytime Contact Telephone Number}" />
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>
      <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormEmail"/> *</span>
      </td>
      <td>
      <input type="text" name="EmailAddress" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormEmailValue"/>" />
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>
      <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="GeneralPrompt002" /> *</span>
      </td>
      <td>
      <input type="text" name="EmailAddress" size="50" value="{eg. Full Body Massage}" />
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td valign="top">&nbsp;</td>
      <td valign="top">
      <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormMessage"/> *</span>
      </td>
      <td>
      <textarea type="text" rows="10" cols="45" name="Message">{Please give your preferred times and date}</textarea>
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td>
      <input type="submit" name="ACTION" value="<actinic:variable name="MailFormSendButton" />" />
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td colspan="2" valign="top">
      <Actinic:Variable Name="RequiredFields"/> <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="Highlighted"/></span>.
      </td>
      </tr>
      </table>

</form>

This is my current script. Where do I modify the code to point to form to a different email address instead of the one noted in the business settings?
      Actinic Catalog v8.0.0 GIKA Windows XP Pro 2002...I have lost myself in all theses circles now!!

Thanks in advance.
      Matt.

Comment

Hi Matt

I think maybe instead of trying to re-engineer Actinic's contact form, I suggest you get hold of some custom formail code that will work with your server (your web hosting company can probably direct you towards some) and then embed that code within the fragment. I think that will put you on a firmer footing.

Comment

Cheers Chris,

I've got the formmail script and have produced an external form which is sent seperately from Actinic and all is as wanted!

I think this nifty little program could make quite a few pennies...

Chhers Bud,
          Matt.

Comment

Working...
          X