Settings > Site Options - not working - 'Empty settings not permitted...'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settings > Site Options - not working - 'Empty settings not permitted...'

If I go to Settings > Site options to change the default for the site's font, I change the font setting but when I click 'Apply' it asks me to provide an image for 'Empty settings are not permitted for the variable 'BackgroundImageFileName'

If I choose a random image it then prompts 'Empty settings are not permitted for the variable 'CartButtomImage'

I don't want an image for either of these settings, how do I bypass this so I can alter the font?

EDIT: Actually just figured a workaround for this. Make a 1px by 1px white image - call it whatever you like. Set this as the backgroundimage and cart image. Now set the font to whatever you like and click apply. Then OK.

Now, go back into the settings screen, delete the image entries you just added. Click apply, read the error messages and then click cancel. The changed font will remain but the images will be gone.

Hi Ben,

Leaving the background image file name set to the default will do no harm. If you don't want a background image then this should be determined by the layout and not by setting an 'empty filename'.

However if you really do want to leave the background image filename blank go into 'Design | Library' then click the Variables Tab.

Then expand 'Appearance Settings' at the top.

Under this you will find a variable called 'BackgroundImageFileName'. Double click this to open up its properties. Just below halfway down there is a checkbox called 'Allow Empty Value'. This will allow you to leave the background image file name out.

Ditto for 'CartButtonImage'. Its under the 'Product' category.

Be careful when deciding to allow empty variables and make sure this is really what you want in each case as you may end up inadvertently breaking something.

You can use this for your own variables as well and it's good practice to do so whenever you have a variable that must have a value set.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Comment

Working...
    X