Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Site name in "Sites" window

Hi!

I created a new site in the Sites window in Designer (the one containing "done", "activate", "License new site", "Delete") but it appears I mispelled it... how do i change i back?

I tried changing the folder name and sites.ini in the soites folder but then designer wouldn't start because it was "unable to locate database..."

Thanks.

Hi there,

How many sites do you have at the moment? If you have more than one site, changing the site name is easy. But, if you have just one, then you would also need to make changes in the Windows Registry.

Now that you are unable to open Actinic, I would advice you to change your site name back to what it was.

Let me know, if you are ready to Edit the Windows Registry.
    Cheers,
    Suresh Babu G

Comment

Hi!

I have more than one site so how do i do it?

I've already changed the names back so designer is working again.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi there,

Open Actinic, go to 'File | Sites' and slowly highlight the site (which doesn't have that blue tick) by just clicking once and wait for a couple of seconds and then click again (but slowly)

Then your site name would change to the editable form, so you can give a new name.

Remember: You can't change the sitename for the currently loaded site in Actinic. In other words, you can't change the sitename, if you have that blue tick. So switch to a different site, if you want to change it.

Hope this is clear
        Cheers,
        Suresh Babu G

Comment

Working...
        X