Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation Buttons.

Hi all,

I need to change the "Home, Site Map, Search, Checkout ......." buttons that appear at the top of the Executive layout.

I've changed things around in the themes layout, but these changes don't seem to affect them.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Simon
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

I've had a look over the advanced user guide (p.28).

I don't need a roll-over button, just a normal .gif button. Is there an easier way of creating this?
    Simon Williams

Comment

OK - you need to edit the layout called 'Works Best With Executive' within the 'Design' tab.

The best way to select this layout is to click just to the right of all the navigation buttons in the preview, and then in the 'Layout Code' panel at the bottom, go down to line 103 (roughly).

You are looking for lots of pink things that say 'Home CSS Button', 'Sitemap CSS Button' etc. These are the things that insert your navigation buttons into the top of the design.

Currently all these buttons are using 'CSS Button' layouts. The best way to change these to image buttons is to right click on the pink 'Home CSS Button' text and then select 'Edit Appearance'. Where it says 'Use Fixed Layout', change it from 'Home CSS Button' to 'Home Image Navigation Button'. Repeat this for all the other buttons in the navigation bar.

That should set you up right.

Comment

Thanks Chris .... It's now fixed as per your instructions.
        Simon Williams

Comment

Just one more thing (!).

Is it possible to chage this setting for, example, the 'home' button globally?
          Simon Williams

Comment

Hi Simon

When you edit the 'overall page layout' (in this case called 'Works Best With Executive') it will change every page in the store - so it should do it globally other than the brochure pages. Is it the brochure pages you are asking about?

Comment

Working...
            X