Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending emails problem narrowed down

Morning all.

Been playing with Actinic for past couple of days and am really trying to get to grips with it & so far everything is shaping up nicely.

Just have one problem so far
    I am having problems sending emails from actinic to my smtp server and I have narrowed it down to the wrong email address actinic seems to be sending to my smtp server, and I can't seem to change my email address anywhere to have an effect on the one in the error..

example if I click on send email for all customers, the following error comes back..

Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Possible Cause:
    1. Network transmission problems.
    2. Could have Changed the SMTP Server settings, but not Uploaded after that.

Recommendation:
    1. Retry
    2. Upload the Site First, if you have changed the SMTP Server Settings.

Resolution:
    If retry fails, check your SMTP settings
    or contact your ISP.

The error was:
    58322john@eastcoastpc.co.ukError returned from SMTP server (1: 535 Incorrect authentication data

Command: send Filename:
    Now the problem is the email address stated at the foot of the error, I must have inputted this thru the install somewhere but I have used the wrong one for my smtp server but for the life of me I can not find where to change it.
    its proberly staring me right in the face..
    I have been thru business and changed all email address's to the correct one but this one won't seem to change.
    I have been thru network and website settings and changed accordingly but this ONE email address doesn't seem to change to the correct one..

Thanks in advance for any help

Email address is assigned in the Settings | Business Settings | Company/Contact tab.

Connection settings to the SMTP server is located within Web | Network Setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
      Email address is assigned in the Settings | Business Settings | Company/Contact tab.

Connection settings to the SMTP server is located within Web | Network Setup.
      Thanks for that But I have changed the email addresses to the correct one in Business settings & network web setup But I still get the old email address in the error..

Thanks

Comment

Did you update your site after making the changes?

Comment

Hi.

Yes, have updated a few times whilst updating products etc but email in error still stays the same..

Comment

Bit of a mystery this one. Actinic really cannot make head or tail of your SMTP server - and the way it adds that number to the start of your email address is really odd - I wonder if that's something to do with how your SMTP server does authentification.

Support@Techno has suggested everything I would have recommended. If you want to follow this through with Actinic tech support, you can register an email support query via http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Comment

Who is your ISP?

some ISPs are now blocking port 25. (AOL especially)

These threads may help

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=4819

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=6970

Comment

Working...
              X