X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designing product & section layouts?

Hi All

I'm getting quite lost...

I've got my css design into actinic by registering it in dreamweaver, thats fine all seems ok for now....

The problem is how do I create a custom product layout from scratch? I basically want to design it in the same kind of way as I have the rest of the layout - do it in dreamweaver and then register.... But I'm damned if I can see the page type I am supposed to register a design as, for it to become a product layout????

Help this is driving me mad!!
    Last edited by fatoftheland; 29-Sep-2006, 07:43 AM. Reason: change of question

Think I might be slowly on the right track - changed my outerdesign to link to a custom stylesheet rather than internal styles and this seems to have stripped the innerlayout of the actinic styles.

So I guess from here it is a matter of creating styles in this stylesheet and then inserting the styles in the design tab around the actinic content?

Any thoughts or am I just talking to myself today

Comment

Hi Jon

You can't design product layouts in Dreamweaver and then automatically transfer them across. What I suggest is that you:

1) Go to 'Design | Library | Layouts', then go to down to the 'Products' group.
      2) Right click on one of the product layouts in there and select 'New Layout'.
      3) Call it whatever you like.

Now you heve a custom product layout to play with.

What I do is to create my layout code in Dreamweaver, and just use text placeholders like 'Name', 'Description' etc. to show where I wanted Actinic to stick things.

Then I just copy and paste this code from DW into the top of my new layout in Actinic. I then copy and paste the variables from the existing layout code into my custom code. I then move the <form> tags and all the other bits and pieces into appropriate looking places into my code.

Job done.

Comment

Working...
      X