X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confuddled

Well I have my version 8 and I'm afriad ! lol

Just a simple question really ..

In version 7 I pretty much had it nailed - I could do lots of custom things and they worked ..

I manage www.greenestravel.co.uk with version 7 for a client .. Within this website are lots of custom bits and bobs I added in here and there to make the site work ..

Is it going to be possible to bring this site in to version 8 ? and have all the custom stuff working too ? .. (Sorry edited cos this didnt come out right - I am aware I will need to rebuild all my custom stuff the new way - Will I be able to do lots of custom stuff)

http://www.greenestravel.co.uk/acata..._13_10_06.html

example on that page I have edited the product layout to always have the book now info .. all I need to do is add my html for the description and image ..

I am not asking how to do this .. just a yes or no to if this sort of layout / workings will work in 8 ? ..

At the moment I am quite disappointed in the way version 8 works with regards to designing .. But I think mainly this is because I feel totally lost and need to play around ALOT to master the designing ..

My problem which faces me right now is I have two clients whos sites I have planned - but when I went on the actinic website to find the costs of the software to them it was the first I knew of version 8's release .. Kinda thrown a spanner in the works .. So I have a time schedule and a learning curve ..
    s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

I am not asking how to do this .. just a yes or no to if this sort of layout / workings will work in 8 ? ..
    Absolutely.

Version 8 is much more flexible than version 7 - and more variables work in more places. The difficulty is that you have got a new system to learn.

The basic principle here is that you need to switch to the Design tab and then click on the thing you want to edit in the preview. You will then get the HTML that lays out that item appearing in the 'Layout Code' panel at the bottom. You can access all the HTML layouts that make up the design by going to 'Design | Library'.

It is probably a good idea to have a look at the Getting Started Guide (Help | Starter Guide) and maybe work through the exercises there to help get orientated.

There is also an upgrade guide here to step you through upgrading the design.

Comment

Thanks for your reply ..

I made a custom outter design and registered it so I can see already that I am able to drop the bits and bobs in .. I did only play about for an hour so didn't come up with anything totally wow ..

But I can see that I can drop the standard horz nav and make my own etc etc ..

Again thanks for taking the time to reply to my post
      s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

Working...
      X