Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second 'Top Level Section' - Executive layout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second 'Top Level Section' - Executive layout.

Hi all,

I want to add a second 'Top Level Section' below the initial one (Browse by category, Browse by brand).

Does anyone know what the best way to achieve this that will be the same kind of layout as the initial one?

Can I add a ‘second’ catalogue?

Thanks all,
    Simon
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Hi Simon

To do this, you could create a new 'user-definable variable' called 'Brand'. To do this:
    1. Go to 'Design | Library | Variables'
    2. Right-click on the 'Product' group and select 'New Variable'.
    3. Give it a 'Name' and 'Prompt' of 'Brand' and then under 'Place of Setting', select 'Product'.
    4. De-select 'Allow <Use Parent> As An Option' and also select 'Searchable'.
      Then click 'OK'.
    You can now enter a brand for each product in your store. Once you have done that, you can set up searching on them.
    1. Go to 'Settings | Search Settings | Searchable Properties'.
    2. Add a new row to the grid and select 'Brand' from the list.
    3. Enter a label and then click 'OK'
    Now upload the store and go to the 'Search' page. Try searching on one of your 'Brands'. You can then use the URL that appears in the 'Address' bar as the 'section link' for your Brands 'section' (although it's a search results page rather than a real section).

Make a note of the URLs of all your different brand pages, and then use those addresses in a custom navigation tool in the sidebar of your design.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I understand (I think) what you have instructed me to do, but I want a physical list of brands below the main top_level_selection_list with a title. So, just a copy of the top_level_selection_list, but with different options.

Would I best acheive this by entering the brands as html links? Or have I missed a step?

Thanks
      Simon
      Simon Williams
      Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

You can't use any of the 'Top Level Section List' options in v8 to do this, so you will need to hard-code a list of links that point to the correct search result pages.

Comment

Working...
        X