Always "Items:0, Value £0.00" except on cart page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always "Items:0, Value £0.00" except on cart page

Could somebody please check my site for me? For some reason, the cart summary of the top of the page always shows "Items:0, Value £0.00" except on the shopping cart page.

Thanks you!

It works for me.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Works OK for me too.
      Brian
      www.flowergallery.co.uk
      Same day flower delivery to UK
      Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
      International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Okay ive been making some updates but it's still doing it for me!

Try adding a product to the cart, then either let it forward you to the products page you were at before or click the "click here" to return link. Then check the item/value figures. For me they revert back to zero!

It happens in both IE and Firefox

Is it really just me?!

Thanks.

Comment

check your security/privacy settings. For actinic to work you need to accept the seesion cookie that identifies who owns what cart. On IE this means privacy should be set to medium or medium-high.

Mike

Comment

It already is set to medium-high in IE yet it still occurs. Have never had problems before with cookies.

Comment

Works for me

Comment

I've tried it on 3 different computers now and with the same problem on each!

To the people who say it works for them did you:

Try adding a product to the cart then let it forward you to the products page you were at before (or click the "click here" to return link). Then check the item/value figures.

I'm going slowly insane!

Comment

Yes. Just tried the teapot from the tests section and that works fine. Add to cart, wait to return to the product page and voila. The items and costs works perfectly on the product page.

the only thing I can think of is that maybe you're not going to the www. version of your website. This could cause problems as the cookie might not be accessible.

But following the link to your site from the top of this thread and then adding to cart etc and the cart summary works fine for me.

Mike

Comment

That's it! I think you've sussed it!

Just tried it with the www. part and it worked! Tried it again without and it wasn't working!

Any ideas why this is or how it can be changed? I'm sure many people will be coming to the store and not typing the www. so I don't want to alienate them.

Comment

The long and short of www.

www. and non-www. are different domains and can have different content on them. To avoid confusion, most hosts serve the www. content onto the non-www. domain.

This can cause problems for search engines, such as google, which consider the two domains separate and have in the past penalised one of the domains as having duplicate content. This also means any link to the non-www. domain don't get counted as links to the main www. domain.

This also causes problems with cookies as a cookie issued from the www. domain won't be accessible on the non-www. domain if the browsers privacy settings are set to block cookies from third party (i.e. other) domains.

The correct way to avoid this problem is to set up a permanent (301) redirect for all non-www. arrivals to the www. equivalent page. I don't have the code for this to hand, but a search for 301 redirects on google should help.

Mike

Comment

OK. This code in a .htaccess file should redirect all non-www. access to the equivalent www. url (for apache servers , i.e. not Microsoft IIS)

Options +FollowSymLinks
                        RewriteEngine On
                        RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain\.com$ [NC]
                        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.domain.com/$1 [R=301,L]
                        The code comes from the apache forum on webmasterworld. I haven't tried it myself so would recommend anyone using it tests it thoroughly after implementation.

Mike

Comment

Right, I've just been reading up on it but a lot's been going over my head!

Does this mean I just create a text file with that code in it, rename it to .htaccess and upload it to my server root?

Comment

Juts tried it and I got:

Code:
                            Internal Server Error
                            The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@<domain>.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Comment

did you remember to change the domain bits to your own domain (opusexpo.co.uk)?

I went to take a look but you must have removed the .htaccess file.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X