Help, what have I done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, what have I done?

Been having problems upgrading to V8 from V7. Original site is on laptop and every time I do a snapshot, V8 on my desktop can't upgrade it, something to do with themes. So, I go into V7 and play about with themes but I seem to have lost my design! Is there a backup somewhere when you change theme? Oh dear.

I can leave the site up and start fresh with V8 as intended anyway but I will not be able to do any uploads to remove out of stock items etc.

So, do I need to get moving on the V8 site? If so, when do I get a product key? I have the demo and I got a free upgrade with Actinic support but I don't have a key yet. Will I get one by the time the demo expires?

Sorry, I'm new to all this and have made a mess of it.
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Hi Steve - I see from http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24086 that you eventually went with using v8.

For future reference, when you change theme in v7, you are always given the option to back up your current design. It will then be available in the 'Design | Themes | Backup' list called something like 'ActBKPSite1'. You can select this to get your design back.

Comment

Working...
    X