Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricing

First off let me say that I really like Actinic so far into the trial version.

I would like some advice on how prices are displayed and associated discount schedules are handled. I have been able to set up various discount models & customer associations for retail, wholesale govt. etc. The work great and the pricing at checkout is accurate.

When I enter product pricing I wish to enter a ‘suggested list” price as retail, then have a discount applied to it that applies to everyone and have the updated price appear next to the product.

I was wondering how do I make the discounted price appear next to the product rather than the ‘retail’ price?

Entering a price of SRRP and then having this discounted to start with, then further discounted based on the customer group it is associated to is beyond me I am afraid, but my gut would be to create a new variable called 'SRRP' that is available at the product level only and include the variable in your product template near the price layout.

You could also surround the variable in a condition to only show if you have populated the products SRRP input with some value, that way you can apply it to your site now and then as you add the actual SRRP to products, then it appears next the retail price etc.

Too late in the night to work out the code I am afraid, but an idea for you to expand on maybe.

Comment

Ok wow, thanks but that sounds way beyond me. I will just manually calculate and enter it.

Would anyone know how to have the discounted price from the "cart contents" discount model show up in the "your price" line next to the product.

My dealers would have a heart attack if the price is the same as retail. At the checkout page it shows the correct price and then the discount underneath, but not next to "your price" in the product description.

I cannot use the discount in the customer pricing because it will apply the discount to all products in the wholesale category I created, no? We sell to so many different customers, they all have different discount schedules.

Comment

Would anyone know how to have the discounted price from the "cart contents" discount model show up in the "your price" line next to the product.
        This is not available as a variable in the product layouts I'm afraid. I think you will need to look at Support@Techno's idea of creating a new user-definable variable called 'SRRP' and then displaying this as part of the product layout.

Check out the Getting Started Guide for more information on creating new user-definable variables.

Comment

One thing to bear in mind is your retail customers do not want to see a discounted price they are not entitled to and some dealers may be on a better discount than others

That is why the discount structure along with customer accounts / groups is of great benifit as each non retail customer see's there own price

Whilst non account customers only see the retail price

Only main problem as at present is you have to manually take there details and send them a password at the start

I think it does give the customer a feel good factor if you go this route
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X