Test Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Mode

I've upgraded to v8 and was wondering if it's okay to use this function on a v7 live site I still have up there at the moment? The idea being that upgraded v8 site will replace the v7 live site in a few weeks.

Or is this function designed to work with an already uploaded v8 site?

Cheers for your time
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

v8 wondering if it's okay to use v7 live

In 8 set Web/ test mode and un tick designer option /Order download is enabled. I have been testing 8 and downloading orders in 7 without a problem. Well at least 7 is still working, 8 has it upgrade problems. I quess upgrade should be named challenge or computeritis.

Thanks to RuralWeb http://community.actinic.com/showthr...962#post124962

Comment

Originally posted by essentialoils
      In 8 set Web/ test mode and un tick designer option /Order download is enabled. I have been testing 8 and downloading orders in 7 without a problem. Well at least 7 is still working, 8 has it upgrade problems. I quess upgrade should be named challenge or computeritis.

Thanks to RuralWeb http://community.actinic.com/showthr...962#post124962
      Okay.....I'm alright with Test Mode but is the Order Download is Enabled option not in Settings/Business Settings?

Also, if I've got v7 running live and have uploaded v8 running in test mode could it be possible to be hammered by search engines for having dupe content (I'm struggling as it is with just the one site )as I'll have two versions of the same site uploaded?
      www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

Order Download is Enabled option

Order Download is Enabled option is in Design/Design options. Not really needed as long as in test mode ? or if you done click download button. Don't have a clue about the search engine.. Possible won't effect as most search engine won't go three levels down.

Comment

You don't have two visible-to-search-engines sites loaded - there is no connecting link from anywhere that is known to search engines to the test folder and its contents - unless you have created such a visible link?
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X