Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalog - Internet Sales Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog - Internet Sales Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.

After finally getting my product key (which was a saga!) and starting to upgrade my site, I run into a slight problem which makes me wonder whether to bother continuing!

Everytime I try to take a snapshot I get the standard windows error popup:

Catalog - Internet Sales Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    I'm disinclined to do anymore work as the snapshot feature is very important!!! Any ideas?

The update and order retrieve arrows also became greyed out. But I found that they had magically become disabled in Site | Designer Options?? Does 8.0.2 ship with a gremlin that changes settings when you're not looking?

snapshot I get the standard windows error

When I get this problem I do house keeping and purge all, then compact. The program closes, reopen it and try taking a snap shot. It ususually works after this, but if it doesn't try turning out your computer and restarting.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I had tried that but I tried again and no dice. I got round the problem by licencing a new site (Business MultiSite) and starting again!

Comment

I am sure that somewhere on here there is something about having a fragment selected or something simliar

Try making sure you only have a product selected in your content view and you do not have another application linking to your database open aswell. Excel or Access

cheers
        Darren

Comment

Working...
        X