Linking Image to Component choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Image to Component choice

I though I read somewhere that in V8 it was now possible to link an image to a component attribute / choice ?

I believe there used to be a workaround that Norman R. had on his site, but I never attempted to implement it..and hence it seems logical for V8 to include it now as standard. The only problem is that I can't see how its done..or where I read about it !

We sell Articles that have a size and colour attribute. I created a component and assigned two attributes (size & colour) to manage this. I would like to be able to display a different image whenever a different colour is chosen.

Can this be done without adding customised code ?

or can it be done easily by a non techhie....without me messing the site up !
    Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Hi Anthony

Sorry - but there is no feature within Actinic v8 to do this. The feature that has been added to v8 is the ability to add prices automatically into the drop-down lists - but there were never any plans that I know of to do automatic image swapping.

Sorry about that.

Comment

I've redone my Dynamic Product Images patch for V8.

It allows you to display an icon against each choice (Radio Button) and optionally swap the main image when the choice is selected. The V8 way does all the work in Actinic side via PHP, requiring minimal browser side JavaScript and automatically uploads the additional images.

Email me if interested.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

dont know if you have sorted out this link yet but this site below has there componenet text linked to an image of the product and i know you can also link it straight to another product and it will take you to it in a link.

http://www.wonderlandparty.co.uk/aca...ostumes_2.html

i want to do it on my site too but not sure how yet maybe someone can show me?

http://www.islandentertainmentsonlin..._Costumes.html

paul

Comment

The first thing you need to do is create additional extended information windows for your products. This is detailed in the Advanced User Guide in a section called 'Creating Additional Pop-Up Windows'.

Once you have done this, you can set up the pop-up pages with the correct images for your components. The next job is to include the links to the pop-up pages as part of the your component 'HTML For Name' field. Well, the instuctions in the Advanced User Guide give you the code for the link to the additional extended information page - you just need to use this code within the 'HTML For Name' field of your components - rather than using it within the product details.

Comment

Working...
          X