Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assign and Un assign?They are grayed out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assign and Un assign?They are grayed out.

Hi

When a order is download /Customer and right of Edited customer accounts

How do I get to use Assign and Un assign? They are grayed out.

Have customers who already are buyers and they are in accounts. ALso accounts who are not buyer. both Assign and Un assign are grayed out.

7.06 to 8.02 reviewed
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...962#post124962

best regards,

Scott
    Last edited by essentialoils; 02-Oct-2006, 09:45 PM. Reason: addendum

Scott

You should be able to use the 'Assign to Account' button if you are looking at an order, and you wish the order information to be assigned to a particular account. It doesn't affect the 'addresses' or 'buyers' tab of the order - it just affects reporting.

Is the 'Create Customer Account' button enabled?

Comment

Assign and Un assign? They are grayed out.

Hi

Create customer account is enabled.

Assign and Un assign? They are grayed out. Nothing happens when i click on them.

I thought the whole point of of Assign and Un assign was for external linking. 7 doesn't have the ability to use the external reference, actinic to sage link, unless they have ordered through their account. One of the reasons I upgraded to 8 was because I was told once you assign an account the order would then export the external reference (sage account code). Unlike in 7 where you have to open the persons.csv and paste the external ref in the last fields. I was also told that 8 would have a popup similar to sage's account ref were you can choose an existing account., The account Reference: (name) (External reference) should all be the Database integer. This would simplify everything and work like Sage.

Also I need to do a clean 8 install and import my theme first, before importing a 7 snapshot due to the fact of the 'Failed to load the files of theme 'Business'. Upgrader failed.. How do I import this theme, since 8 extension is only a colour theme and not a complete theme as the one 7 exports.

Comment

Yes - I can see that behaviour on my store - I wonder why that is not happening with yours.

I'm afraid this is something that probably isn't possible to do over the internet. Someone needs to look at your snapshot and figure out what is going on. Perhaps you could register an email support quey at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and one of team can get hold of your snapshot.

Comment

Assign and Un assign? They are grayed out.

I do not remember this happening with the beta version with the same snapshot.

I'm getting frazzled by this.

Does not happen with pending orders.

Only grayed out when order complete.

What in a data base can cause the Assign and Un assign both grayed out? Where can I look? Which table and fields matter?

What does User mean when you click on the Orders tab?(There's nothing in them.) It would be excellent if this was the external reference.

--
          RE:Hi Scott,

I have taken a look at your community post and see that you are having problems with the 'Assign' and 'Unassign' buttons when viewing an order. From what I can find out about this feature it is to assign an order to a customer account. They will only be available if the order was placed in v8 (ie not orders transferred across from an earlier version) and are not completed (ie still in the pending tab). I am getting our development team to confirm this for me.

With regards to your problem importing the snapshot, can you email it across to me (if it is less than 10MB) so that I can test the problem out (Help | Troubleshooting | Support Snapshot). Let me know if it is bigger than this so I can let you know of a different way of getting it to me.

>What does User mean when you click on the Orders tab?
          This is only for the Multi-User software where there can be more than one order processor. The user column displays the name of the person editing that order. If you do not want to see it you can reduce the width of the column to hide it.
          Regards,
          Tracey Garrett
          Actinic Software Support

RE RE:
          Hi @>---- Tracy

Maybe I'm missing it, but I looked through both starter and advanced guides and called help and left messages on line community and could not find anything about Assign, Un assign or about the User in tab. This simple thing caused me to waste a lot of time and waste a lot of your help time. Not to mention the quiet expletives, blood pressure rises, testing my spirituality. O:-)

In the state of the world my rants are meaningless, so smile and take me with a pinch of salt.

In regards to the snap shot. I have un installed 8 and all it's bits, including deleting the 8 folder, cleared registry, restarted computer, Ctrl Alt Delete and made sure RTVscan.exe was not running, clean reinstalled 8-all, imported colour.csc into a new licensed site named the same as my 7 snapshot (which I exported from a botched, forced and mangled work around install of a snapshot which finally 8 accepted, probably mental masterbation.) Imported the 7 snapshot: it upgraded with the usual custom change, javascript, perl, text and html errors. Now I can get into the rebuild. What a relief! I feel sympathy for the beginner.

I think following the Upgrade guide and making sure antivirus software and other programs are off will give you a better start than I had. I would check and fix any registry or disk problem and restart your computer, before doing a clean install of V8 then import your snap shot as explained in the Upgrade Guide. Good luck I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Special thanks to all at actinic and for putting up with criticism which I hope is positive. Not thanking you for making this a smoother transition.

kind regards,

Scott
          Last edited by essentialoils; 04-Oct-2006, 06:03 PM. Reason: Insert for education Thanks to Tracy

Comment

Working...
          X