Site Map in V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Map in V8

I seem to have lost my site map in v8. In v7 it was in the Design/Options/Sections. Where is this function in v8?
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

There is a variable which needs inserting into your page in Design mode and this automatically adds the link.

hth,

David
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

The option to switch on and off is within Settings | Site Options | Links tab and at the very bottom of the list within Appearance Settings 'Include Sitemap Navigation Icon' true/false option.

Comment

Tried the:

"Settings | Site Options | Links tab"

Can't get it to display. Not had a go at the:

"variable which needs inserting into your page in Design mode" as I'm unsue of what I'm doing.....would it be possible to point me in the right direction?

Thank you for you time

Comment

Bun - is there a test store you could point us at?

To add a link to a site map page, you can just insert a link that into the design that uses the 'SiteMapPageURL' variable as its href.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
            Bun - is there a test store you could point us at?

To add a link to a site map page, you can just insert a link that into the design that uses the 'SiteMapPageURL' variable as its href.
            Hi, I've gone through the Upgrade Guide and my test site is here:

Usually if you go to the products section the site map would be listed at the top along with 'Home', 'Catalog'......etc. I just don't seem to be able to get it to dispay.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time

Comment

Hi Bun,

If you click on the Design tab and have 'Content Page' in the select drop-down list then you should be able to click on the right hand navigation bar icon. Below, in the Layout Code window it will show LoginPageURL or whatever you have in your design. Click on this line and then press end to go to the end of this line. Enter to give a break, right click and choose Insert Variable.

In the list names box type sitemap and this will give you your choice of sitemap links. Choose one and enter. That should put the sitemap link on your nav bar.
              This has worked for me.

HTH,
              David

Comment

Originally posted by dscontroller
                Hi Bun,

If you click on the Design tab and have 'Content Page' in the select drop-down list then you should be able to click on the right hand navigation bar icon. Below, in the Layout Code window it will show LoginPageURL or whatever you have in your design. Click on this line and then press end to go to the end of this line. Enter to give a break, right click and choose Insert Variable.

In the list names box type sitemap and this will give you your choice of sitemap links. Choose one and enter. That should put the sitemap link on your nav bar.
                This has worked for me.

HTH,
                David
                Hi David,

Thank you for that. I've managed to get the 'Site Map' text into the navigation bar....how do I link that to the Site Map page?

Sorry if all this sounds very simplistic....but I'm a long way from getting my head around v8

The page is here by the way: http://www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co...alog/shop.html

Comment

Hi Bun,

You've done it. That's it!! The site map link is now active and takes you to all the URL's in your site. It is automatic once you have the variable in there.

David

Comment

Originally posted by dscontroller
                    Hi Bun,

You've done it. That's it!! The site map link is now active and takes you to all the URL's in your site. It is automatic once you have the variable in there.

David
                    Hi David,

It dosen't link I'm afraid.....the text is up there in the navigation bar between Catalog and Terms & Conditions....http://www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co...alog/shop.html but I can't get it to link to the site map.

If I type the URL of the site map I have no probs....so I know it's up there....just can't get at it via the link

Comment

Copy and paste the following code in where you want your Site Map link to appear:

<actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Sitemap Text Link" />

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                        Copy and paste the following code in where you want your Site Map link to appear:

<actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Sitemap Text Link" />
                        That did it......thank you very much indeed

Comment

Working...
                        X