Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the "acatalog" directory

Hi guys,

I know this has been covered elsewhere in the forum but I just wondered if anyone could clear something up for me.

I want to remove the "acatalog" part of the web directory - have been reading the techniques described on the following page:

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...oto=nextoldest

I have contacted my host (Names CO) and asked them to treat the acatalog directory as the "root" of my site but they have informed me that this is not possible - does anyone know if that's the case or not?

Are there any other ways that people would recommend or do I need to change all of the references to "acatalog" within the ActinicCatalog.mdb file?

Cheers,

Greg.

If NamesCo allow you to use htaccess you can use this to create a permanant redirect from yourdomain/index.html to yourdomain/acatalog/index.html

a forum search on htaccess and 301 permanant redirect will show you how to do this

Comment

Thanks Jo,

I have already done this but this doesn't remove the "actalog" directory from my URL address which is what I am after.

Greg.

Comment

the only way to remove acatalog from the URL is to edit the database to force an upload to the root

or use masked/framed forwarding - which I would not recommend due to spidering implications

Comment

Working...
        X