Question RE: Store Section Formating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question RE: Store Section Formating

When in version 7 my site 'store section titles' were bold. but now i've upgraded to version 8 they are no longer bold.
    Can these 'store section titles' be formated?

Thanks
    Andy

If you switch to Design view and then pick the section above where the sections are being shown, then click on the title and the make sure you have the Layout Code on view, then you will see the markup around the <actinic:variable name='SectionName'/> variable...

Depending on how many different section layouts you are using will depend on how many you will need to find, but you can also locate them within the Design | Library | Layouts and sections stuff...

Comment

Hi Support@Techno-

Thanks for your reply.
      When i click on the section litle in design view and look in the layout code panel, i can't see any reference to the <actinic:variable name='SectionName'/>

The layout code panel has the title "Layout Code - Act_Availability (Upgraded)

Does this mean that the product sections are in the Act_availability (Upgraded) layout? and if so, how could i edit this?

Thanks again -

Regards
      Andy

Comment

Ok. When in design view, locate one of the sections and click into its text area, which should take you straight into the section layout... (we hopes).

Then, locate the variable above or below (or left/right) depending on where it is...

If you know the actual name of the section layout you are using, then you can also locate it within the Design | Library | Layouts (Section Links sub-menu)...

Comment

Hi again Support@Techno- sorry about this

I've opened the page in dreamweaver and have discovered the code below where the product section titles should be.
          I'm assuming that this is an add on to Actinic but i can't be certain.

I've taken over someone else's work which always has teething problems. Don't know if you have any clue what this code is about?

Thanks Again
          Andy

<script language=Javascript1.2>
          document.write(YahooSections(section_tree))
          </script>

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh. Are you talking about the store sections in the main (central) area or a side menu?

If side menu, then look higher up in the primary layout and you will see where that function is created (i.e. that is the calling of the function for the side menu)...

At the level where the function is created is the java script build of the side menu, which is where the code for that is located.

Check the Advanced User Guide for java script menus and the like available from the Actinic website in downloads, as that might shed some light on your issues and what it is all about

Comment

Cheers - Support@Techno-

I think i'll create a new post to see if anyone can help with the formating.
              I've looked through the javascript but don't see anything of help to me.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
              Andy

Comment

what is the java script that create this function?

Comment

There are 16 .jscript pages in Actinic version 7 which i assume create the menu system.
                  I've looked in version 8 and there are 4 .jscript pages.

The actual variable that pulls the menu in to the page is <actinic:variable name="JavaScriptArray" value="All Data From All Sections" /> which is in the Act_Primary (Upgraded) page.

Andy

Comment

You should have a <script> lots of code and an ending </script> somewhere in the top of the primary before the <body>

This is what creates the menu normally..

What is the URL?

Comment

Working...
                    X