Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 Login/logout PLUS redirect after log in option

Hello All

Just need to know where to find the logout variable, cannot seem to find it anywhere?

I have inserted a login text link and need to display the logout once in (know what I mean?) Do I need to <block></block> it?

Also, any news on redirecting the client to a specific page after log in Bruce?

Regards
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

OK

Just to clarify, the redirect issue is to send trade clients to another catalogue section...and the logout link? any news

we could do this in V7 but no matter how we try we cannot force a redirect in V8 after login.

Regards
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

OK - the way to take customers to a specific location after logging in is to use a link of the following form for the 'Login' link:

http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl?SECTIONID=Section%5fPage%2ehtml

Where the section ID is the filename of the section you want them to go to.

The variable to use for the logout link is

<actinic:variable name="LogoutSimple" />

The format of this is handled by Actinic in 'Design | Text' - ID: 217

Comment

Chris

Can you control where the logout redirect takes you to?

At the moment it takes you back to the root of the site - I would like to be able to specify a URL...

Also, once a customer is logged in - is it possible to hide the set a 'block if' to hide certain info (in my case I want to hide the login fields I've coded onto the main template using <actinic:variable name="LoginLayout RH Column" />)
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
        www.internetology.co.uk
        Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Maybe - but it would require a customisation to the AccountsScript perl script probably - and I'm rubbish at Perl. Perhaps someone else on here will be able to help further.

Comment

Working...
          X