Anyone colour blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone colour blind?

Is there anyone out there who is colour blind and could take a look at my site? - I'm using green and orange (sounds awful but looks great) as my basic colours, and I'm concerned that people who are coour blind might have a problem with it.

You can view the site at:

http://www.lifeworkpotential.com/acatalog/Test/

There's lots of work to do on it yet, but I'd welcome comments on the colour combination (or anything else for that matter!)

Jane
    Jane Thurnell-Read
    200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

I asked a colour blind friend to check the site and he said it looked fine.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thanks very much, that's a relief
      Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

There are a couple of online simulators you can run the site through including http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/vischeckURL.php which have limited success

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks, Jont. That was really interesting to do. I had to load the page several times to get it to work,but in the end it did.
          Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Well I can proudly boast to be about as colour blind as it gets. Basically your site is OK but one or two of your contrasts cause me discomfort. On your homepage you have a book listed as a best seller - Health Kinesology. The colour of the title phrase, Health Kinesology just above the image of the book causes me a problem. I can make it out but I find it difficult to read. The same applies to all of the other text on this page which is the same colour on the same colour background. The larger the text the easier it is for me to make out but the smaller it gets the more difficult it gets. Just to be clear, I am not making a point about text size as I might if I needed glasses simply that the colour of the text on the background you have chosen doesn't work - it blurs into the colour of the background and this effect is less severe with larger text. I had a a quick look at the rest of the site and it is only these two colours which I am finding difficult to make out but I notice that they exist throughout the site in some of the product titles for example.
            Bottom line is that I can read it but it hurts my eyes. When I have visited sites like this before I have just moved on. Unless I was desperate to order from you I would go to a different site because reading your text would just require to much effort and is uncomfortable.
            I assume that this is due to my been colourblind. It could be that everyone sees it this way???

Hope this helps.

Mark
            Mark Ebrey
            Swimming Pool Test Strips
            Aquarium Test Strips
            Pond Test Strips
            Home Allergy Testing. Diagnose your allergy symptoms

Comment

thanks Mark. Very useful info.

Before I do anything, could some of you kind non-colour blind souls take a look at the home page of the test shop and see if the colours are OK for you:

http://www.lifeworkpotential.com/acatalog/test/

Knowing it is only a problem for colour blind people (if it is), doesn't mean I won't put it right, just means that it might affect how I put it right.

thanks for any input

Jane
              Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

As Mark said, but even without being colour blind, the smaller green text on white background tends to go a bit fuzzy round the edges and difficult to read. I could make it out, but I wouldn't want to read a FAQ or full product description based on that colour scheme.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

yes, thanks I think you may be right. Now I need to work out how to change the colour for those headings but I still want to use that green in some places ... can anyone point me in the right direction?
                  Last edited by janeread; 05-Oct-2006, 06:53 PM. Reason: wanted to make point clearer
                  Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

to change some and not others you will have to identify the ones you want to change and create a new css class for them only

Comment

Working...
                    X