Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching for different items

Hi,

My client wants to be able to search for colour or style on the homepage which is proving difficult.

What i have done is downloaded the search.html file manually added the colour search on the homepage then changed the search to style and then downloaded and added the style search. When i add the second search it wont allow me to use the first search function. Any ideas?

Here is the website: http://www.ludberry.com/design

Cheers,
    Adam

Hi,

If you download the advanced user guide from the Actinic (downloads section) website, this covers advanced searchable properties for Business and up users, which might help you.

Comment

also.....

If you do a search of this forum for searchable properties and custom search then you will find this discussed quite recently also.

Comment

I have tried to do this without joy. From what i have read it seems like i have to make a second customsearch.fil called customsearch2.fil then add <input type=HIDDEN name="SN" VALUE="2">

In this file i have added

Text!SS!TB
        Text Property!S_Style0_1

This is what i have been lead to believe will work but still will not search for one or the other.

http://www.ludberry.com/design/

Any ideas??

Here is the form code

Code:
             <form method="get" action="http://www.ludberry.com/cgi-bin/ss000226.pl">
                  <input type="hidden" name="RANDOM" value="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM" /><input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="SEARCH" />
        		  <input type=HIDDEN name="SN" VALUE="2">
                <br /><table width="97%" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
                  <tr>
                    <td valign="top"><span class="style1">Search 
                      By Style</span>
                      <input type="hidden" name="SS" size="40" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="TB" checked="checked" value="A" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="TB" value="O" />
                      <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

<!--

for (nIndex = 0; nIndex < document.forms.length; nIndex++)

{

if (document.forms[nIndex] && document.forms[nIndex].SS)

{

document.forms[nIndex].SS.focus();

}

}

// -->

</script></td></tr><tr><td valign="bottom"><select name="S&#95;Style0&#95;0" size="1" class="search">
          <option>Please Select</option>
          <option value="Boots">Boots</option>
          <option value="Flat Shoe"  > Flat Shoe</option><option value="High Heeled Shoe"  > High Heeled Shoe</option><option value="Medium Heeled Shoe"  > Medium Heeled Shoe</option>
        </select>   </td></tr><input type="hidden" name="GB" value="A" /><tr><td valign="bottom"><input name="ACTION2" type="image" id="ACTION2" value="Search"  src="searching.JPG" /></td></tr></table>
                </form

Comment

Hi there

I don't think you need to change customsearch.fil. I think you just need to set the 'Combining Results' setting in 'Settings | Search Settings | Searchable Properties' to 'OR' rather than 'AND'.

Comment

Working...
          X