X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate sub sections

Hi

10 hours 8 minutes and i'm stumped!

I have sorted almost all of my upgrade errors, but im stumped on these two, wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

I have main sections divided into sub sections which then contain the products. Typical example is here, after the upgrade for some reason this is being duplicated. What you see on the screen i.e. kits, spares and accessories is duplicated directly underneath with 2 horizontal dividing lines. This is happening across the catalogue.

When i try to load up the site in test mode i get the following error message and im presuming this is linked to my problem, but im buggered if i can work it out.

Variable 'SectionImageFileName' is used out of context(16 times)
    Variable 'SectionName' is used out of context(16 times)
    Variable 'SectionImageHeight' is used out of context(16 times)
    Variable 'SectionImageWidth' is used out of context(16 times)
    Variable 'SectionDescription' is used out of context(16 times)

Anyone else had this error or shed any light on it.

Cheers

Lee

Lee,

The effect you are describing sounds like both bottom sub section layout and top sub section layout are set. Changing one of these to No Layout should sort out your section page.(change to design tab, highlight one section link, click on catalog details, and look in the Section settings, and click the description of the layout alongside either top or bottom sub section list layout - whichever you want to get rid of - in the drop down, select No Layout)

That change may also get rid of your error - but if not, look at the border area just above the top of your visible page in the same design tab and beside where it says content page, you should see a green exclamation mark - give that a click, and it should list the errors. Clicking an error description should take you to where the error is.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      Lee,

(change to design tab, highlight one section link, click on catalog details, and look in the Section settings, and click the description of the layout alongside either top or bottom sub section list layout - whichever you want to get rid of - in the drop down, select No Layout)
      Thanks for stepping in Bill, its late and im probably being stupid, but for the life of me i cannot find "catalog details" after i highlight one of the section links. I have attached an image showing its selected to see if this helps.

Many thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	bill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	541650

Comment

This is a full screenshot so that you can see the problem i have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bill2.jpg
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	541651

Comment

Ah - OK you are a section down - I was on the shop home page..

I see catalog details - you have section details - bottom left under the code window.
          Attached Files
          Bill

Comment

WOW you did it Bill, after 12 hours of trying, it has been sorted!!!

The other error still remains though. The green exclamation mark has never been green for me, it is always unclickable. If i click on 'check coding errors' in the detail drop down box, i get the following errors:

Variable 'SectionImageFileName' is used out of context(16 times)
            Variable 'SectionName' is used out of context(16 times)
            Variable 'SectionImageHeight' is used out of context(16 times)
            Variable 'SectionImageWidth' is used out of context(16 times)
            Variable 'SectionDescription' is used out of context(16 times)

Screenshot - Click image for larger version

Name:	bill3.jpg
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	541653

If i then click on the top one in this list, i get

screenshot - Click image for larger version

Name:	bill4.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	541654

and thats where i get stuck as i have no idea what is wrong with that.

Incidentally when i choose one of those errors in the list, the list goes blank and in order to access it again, i have to run the report and wait again.

Many thanks for your help, i so needed to fix that section problem before bedtime, i cannot express how grateful i am, espec at this time of night.

many many thanks

Lee

Comment

Might be able to help if you open the design tree instead of the content tree on the right, when you check the error.

Off the cuff, you are looking at an upgraded site, and those image variables are inside the header text area - where they are not valid - so could just be deleted. They are currently commented out, so not being used anyway.

You could copy the whole lump of text from line 39 to 53 inclusive off to Notepad and save as a text file, then delete lines 41 to 52 inclusive. If that creates a new problem, just copy the saved text back in.
              Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

I removed those lines and the errors are no longer showing up, which is great - thanks again. I can't get my head round why these made such a difference, i always like to understand what went wrong rather that just remove the errors, as without understanding, there is always a dependancy on people like yourself who have been magic i must admit. Is this just an error during the upgrade process that has no real answer?

I am just in test mode now trying to upload it and see what it looks like, will let you know as soon as it finishes.

Any ideas why my green exclamation mark is not working too?

I have a slightly funny occurrence too in design window, occasionally for no apparent reason, it tries to open up visual studio to debug something and catalog just crashes. On 2 occasions it has also opened up 'internet checkers' as if to say take a break Lee, which has made me laff i must admit.

Cheers Bill

Comment

Lee,

From what I can see, its down to the upgrader programme not knowing what to do with that code, so it sticks it in the header text area (commented out) and in the body and leaves you to sort it out. At least the prog is good enough to give an error message (though that's a bit cryptic).

On the exclamation mark - have a read through the help info, including the online knowledgebase, to see if it's mentioned. If it's not, it may be a good idea to send a report to support detailing the version you are using and ask them to investigate.

Yep - if you have Visual Studio installed Dr Watson (which is now part and parcel of the OS) will try to send programme errors there for debugging. It can be an annoyance - though thankfully a minor one. Again, support may be interested in what you are doing immediately before this crash happens (or again, there may be something in the available help about this).
                  Bill

Comment

Variable TaxInclusivePrice

I am going around in circles with the following error message:

Variable TaxInclusivePrice is used out of context (6 times)
                    Variable TaxInclusivePriceAlt is used out of context (6 times)

clicking the error shows the "Product Price Including Tax" layout which has been reset to factory default with the code:

<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>priceformat('<actinic:variable name="SecondCurrencyFormat" />','<actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePrice" />', '<actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePriceAlt" />');</actinic:block>

... any ideas how to solve greatly welcomed.

Jonty

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just to add this is a modified default site based on clean CSS (not an upgrade)

v8.0.3

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Jont,

Sorry to ask but have you tried all the usual stuff. Let me know what you have tried so far and then we can take it from there.

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Duplicating Product Sub Sections

Is there any way to duplicate a sub section within another section.

Eg. Products in my 'drill bit' section would also need to appear as a duplicate sub-section in a power tool accessory section.

Is this possible?

Thanks Chris
                          PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Comment

Products in my 'drill bit' section would also need to appear as a duplicate
                            You have answered your own question - create a section and populate it with duplicates from the original section

Comment

Duplicate sections

What I wondered is if there is a quick way to duplicate a section and everything it contains, rather than duplicating each product individually?
                              PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Comment

Working...
                              X